• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga UK Plans Blue Exorcist TV Blu-ray With English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Didn't it come out when NA was first preparing to launch that Viz would eventually be the one releasing the projects dubbed for Neon Alley? So AoA would keep releasing the subbed copies and Viz would have the dubs (and likely less/no swag to keep from providing perfect alternatives.)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Since the 90s, the only English anime dub recorded in any place outside North America is the British dub for The Secret World of Arietty, but since the film is from Studio Ghibli, that was a rare exception. Otherwise, the closest anime dubs to feature real British accents is Hellsing and Read or Die from New Generation Pictures.

Ignoring Animax dubs and the like as mentioned by others, there is also Millennium Actress (Village Productions for Manga), Professor Layton (Side UK for Kaze/Manga) and Musashi (recorded for Manga somewhere in London IIRC).

Quote:
They haven't done a dub in-house in nearly 15 years, however. They did do an English dub of Welcome to the Space Show recently, but it was recorded at NYAV Post in the US. In addition, AnimeLimited is doing an English dub of the new Cyborg 009 movie, also with NYAV Post.

There was also the original UK dub for Innocence, which was done by Richard Epcar for Manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2