• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How come I keep getting logged out?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:10 pm Reply with quote
I tell the site to "remember me" so I don't have to keep putting in my name and password but it keeps logging me out for some reason. It's really annoying.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Does it only happen after closing your browser? If so, then it's a settings issue(I know Firefox allows you to force cookies to be session cookies).
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:31 am Reply with quote
Which is weird because this has been happening recently. Even when I closed the browser before, it always kept me signed in. This has been happening since only last year.
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:01 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Which is weird because this has been happening recently. Even when I closed the browser before, it always kept me signed in. This has been happening since only last year.

An update to your browser might have changed the default settings without you being aware of it.
I have had this happen many times with different programs, including the Windows operating system.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I use Safari and I haven't updated a thing to this system as far as I know.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:24 am Reply with quote
If you go to animenewsnetwork.com/meta/clear-cookies.php does it say "auto-login (a.k.a. "remember me") is ON"?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
It does. Maybe it might be a glitch in Safari, but that couldn't be it because every other website I frequent keeps me logged in. Is the site just buggy sometimes?
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:09 am Reply with quote
Are you using Safari on a Mac or PC? When I used Safari on a Mac to view ANN, it would log me out all the time. Now I use Chrome and it never does.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Safari on a Mac. Is that really what's causing it? Wow, that's just stupid. So why doesn't it log me out on another sites, but it does that here only? That's bizarre.
Furi-Yuri
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:49 am Reply with quote
I am running Google Chrome on openSUSE 12.3. I have recently been getting logged out and I found this thread. Indeed my remember me cookie is disabled. Where and how to I toggle this flag? I do not see a setting in any obvious place.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
The remember me tickbox on the front page went 'missing' during the last redesign. If you log in through the forums instead you will find the tickbox there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1