• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vizmanga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrimalX3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quote
So any series you read from vizmanga? I have several series in print volumes like Bleach and Naruto. I bought later volumes in digital due to size constraints in real life. I'd say it's sometimes more convenient reading from a laptop as you can zoom in and turn pages with the keyboard arrows. Anybody have some series digitally there?

http://www.vizmanga.com

They are having a 20% off sale for the entire month of august, maybe its your chance to try out titles not available in print? For example, Cross Manage:

http://www.vizmanga.com/reader/1686-cross-manage-1
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:40 am Reply with quote
I'm digging Toriko and One-Piece right now. I'd avoided much of Shonen Jump titles in the past, but since I've started reading Weekly Shonen Jump I've really gotten into those two.

Speaking of, I highly recommend getting a subscription to Weekly Shonen Jump. It's a fantastic value at $1 an issue (or $.50 an issue if you subscribe for a year) and while you may not dig everything in there it's a good sample and being an anthology there's sure to be something you'd like.
PrimalX3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:03 am Reply with quote
I agree, Viz's Weekly Shonen Jump is an incredible purchase. I've been subscribed since the debut day of SJ alpha.

Yeah, its incredible how many series you can discover through anthologies.
vashna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I've been curious about something. Since Viz's Weekly Shonen Jump has taken off I haven't seen any more updates at:

http://www.shonenjump.com/e/mangaonline/index.html

Does Shueisha still intend to use that delivery method for samples at all? The last thing they uploaded was a chapter of Nisekoi and they haven't put anything up there since so I was wondering if people had just kind of forgotten about it. Looking at the social networking bookmarks on that site it would seem everyone else has too.
PrimalX3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:29 am Reply with quote
Last time I checked there, about a month ago, it was a Cross Manage chapter that was up.

I think they just update that site every few months. I use to go there years ago as I was ecstatic that they would actually show the debut chapter of the newest series in their magazine online for free in english before Viz's Shonen Jump Weekly existed.

I remember reading at least three different stories, especially one about a bunny guy and a girl trying to work as a zookeeper and how all the animals there turned humanoid.

Even back then, the chapter would remain up for quite some time before being removed and a different series taking over.

To answer your question, I don't really know. : {
vashna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:42 pm Reply with quote
I poked around the site. It seems that they haven't been updating that section, but there's a flash-viewing page you can work through that lets you view some other manga. I could give you a link if you'd like, but the content was only available in Japanese. Who was doing the translations on these free chapters anyway?

They seemed different from the rest of Viz's translations, but I never checked the Naruto or Bleach chapters so I'm not sure. Since I have some of the earliest manga for those series anyway I should probably go and have a look to inspect them.

I didn't get a chance to read the bunny story you were talking about, but I did however read one about an astronaut in training and another about a kendoka.

Edit: I initially posted in the wrong thread. I'm sorry!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1