• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime/Manga Releases Delayed After Quake: Part III

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cche7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure the Japanese have more pressing concerns than when the next episode of a certain show will air. I hope things will get better before they get worse.
s.alsa-man1991

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The May issue of Jump Square, which was scheduled to ship on April 4, will be combined with the June issue (originally scheduled for May 2). The combined May/June issue will ship on April 21.

The way japanese magazines are numbered drives me batty. How does this even remotely make sense? If I were to go into the store looking for the June issue in June, I'm pretty sure there woouldn't be any left anymore.

Maybe I'm too nitpicky.
eaglestorm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Salsaman1991 wrote:
Quote:
The May issue of Jump Square, which was scheduled to ship on April 4, will be combined with the June issue (originally scheduled for May 2). The combined May/June issue will ship on April 21.

The way japanese magazines are numbered drives me batty. How does this even remotely make sense? If I were to go into the store looking for the June issue in June, I'm pretty sure there woouldn't be any left anymore.

Maybe I'm too nitpicky.

I do believe this is not exclusive to the Japanese magazines but rather, is the norm for majority of magazines from other countries as well.

When I used to get physical deliveries of magazines from the U.S. and Canada, you always expect to get the current month's release a month or so before the actual month.

EDIT: Read Cover date - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for the explanation of this discrepancy
s.alsa-man1991

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. I didn't know this was done in other countires as well. Still a head-scratch-inducing practice, though.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:23 pm Reply with quote
sucks to hear that beezlebub is getting delayed again.
Paploo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:46 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:

But a very minor thing in the current situation- there's more important things than anime. I'd suggest catching up on other anime in the meantime, and sending good wishes to those suffering in Japan right now.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Paploo wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:

But a very minor thing in the current situation- there's more important things than anime. I'd suggest catching up on other anime in the meantime, and sending good wishes to those suffering in Japan right now.

look we all understand the situation in japan i wish people would stop bringing it up as if we don't care. i just said it cause most other series that have been delayed are getting back on the schedule.
Paploo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't saying you didn't care about what's going on, just saying a short hiatus on new episodes of an anime is a pretty minor thing at the end of the day [even in normal circumstances]. Sorry if that caused any offense.

It's been mentioned in a few threads that due to power outages some show have had to stop production..... what shows get delayed and which ones don't have a lot to do with where their production is being done by the looks of things.

If Beezlebub is being delayed, it's probably due to important reasons. Some show's are back on track, some aren't, so all we have to do is just be patient.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:24 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
Paploo wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:

look we all understand the situation in japan i wish people would stop bringing it up as if we don't care. i just said it cause most other series that have been delayed are getting back on the schedule.

I agree. I care and most likely so does everyone else about what is going on in Japan. Not everyone just cares only about anime and manga, people also care about the people and what is being done to help others.

I've noticed several other shows (Fractale CardFight Vanguard, etc) that were once delayed are getting back on schedule, so it's not like there is no new anime to be seen right now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1