• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dusk maiden of amnesia Manga to End in June

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volibear

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:46 am Reply with quote
I kinda hate to say "Yay!!" to this but I was waiting for it to finish before I read it. So I am happy I can finally read it, I just hope this is not a forced ending and that people who've been following it feel satisfied by it.
hpulley

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:54 am Reply with quote
The last few chapters have led to this. In fact I was confused how they would do book 10 with book nine coming out next month but it looks like book 9 will end the manga on the same day as chapter 45 in Gangan Joker so it will be wrapped up nicely.

Just have to see how it ends now, haven't read chapter 44 yet (it ships soon).

Sadly this means no more anime as it sold poorly on disc and there would be no reason with further manga sales no longer a possibility.
StormSky92

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Well, now I will finally get around to reading this. I really liked the anime, but was rather dissatisfied with the ending. Can't wait to read the manga. I read what point the manga and anime diverge, and i'm definitely interested in how the manga is going to handle some thing.
Setsura1

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Really love Dusk Maiden, sad to see it end, but nothing cast last forever.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Mm, I'm kinda of sad this is ending soon but I also knew that it would be sooner or later. I just hope they will end it on a more definite way rather than something that looks like it'll be axed.

Going by what hpulley said, it doesn't look like there will be a S2 or any other OVAs, spinoffs, etc which I'm bummed about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hpulley

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Mm, I'm kinda of sad this is ending soon but I also knew that it would be sooner or later. I just hope they will end it on a more definite way rather than something that looks like it'll be axed.

Going by what hpulley said, it doesn't look like there will be a S2 or any other OVAs, spinoffs, etc which I'm bummed about.

There was one extra episode 13 that came on the 6th and final disc but that seems to be it, sadly. Still, I love those 13 episodes, and the manga and hope to be satisfied by its ending as well.

Wonder what Meibi/Maybe will do next?
scineram

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote
I hope he does nice hentai now. The H version of Tasogare? An official doujinshi.
hpulley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:22 am Reply with quote
Chapter 44, aside from coming out in the same magazine that says it is ending next (now this) month still didn't indicate that it would end in the next chapter. Oddly the end just says continued in next issue... not sure if there was a disconnect there, if the order to finish it came after chapter 44 was done. I am greatly looking forward to the next one. Gan Gan Joker July 2013 is already in my shopping basket... will order soon, just waiting for a few more things to show up (books and magazines show up for solicitation annoyingly late).
hpulley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:31 pm Reply with quote
And... not quite over yet! There will be at least one epilogue chapter in the July 22nd (August) issue of Gangan Joker and a 10th volume out in the fall. With the 9th volume going up to chapter 42, the 10th volume seems rather slim if it just has 43-45 plus one epilogue chapter, perhaps more than one epilogue chapter? Or just some filler? We'll see...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1