• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: WataMote Anime's Character Designs Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I suppose its because I haven't read it in a while, but I never noticed that the brother character had bags under his eyes as well... Anyway I can't wait to see this!
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
It's interesting that you think the only way to fix this problem is to make her interested in fujoshi stuff. Why not instead fix it by having her not be heterosexual? Rather than her being a fujoshi, I think it would be far more interesting for her to be gay. But as much as I like the show (though this season a lot less than the first) the show's writing is rather bad so it would flub it's handling of that at least as bad as what it's actually trying to do.

Considering that the whole BASIS (and title) of the show centers around her (barely concealed) affection for her brother, making her gay would make it an entirely different show. (I don't mean in terms of quality I mean literally in terms of plot)

Thus far, it actually wouldn't make much difference. Making it just about them fixing their bonds as normal siblings would not really change much about how things have played out. It would also almost certainly be an improvement.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Honestly I'm pretty sure Kirino's bi.

But yes, OreImo's writing is terribad so whatever.
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
A show with a otaku girl who's actually like real-life female otaku and not a male otaku in a girl's body like some other shows *coughOREIMO*cough*?

I didn't think it possible.

I really hope that you are trolling in this comment. One of the main hallmarks that characterizes Anime as a whole and makes the art form attractive to people is the fact that it IS unrealistic at times (personally, if series only featured realistic plots and characters, I don't think as many people would be interested in Anime). If you want entertainment that is completely "realistic", all the time, then you should probably stick to things such as documentaries. Laughing

Quote:
The difference is that I am bisexual while Kirino is heterosexual and yet still likes ONLY male-orientated stuff. If she was shown to still like things aimed at girls as as wel stuff for guys I wouldn't mind so but she literally only likes male-orientated stuff.

So basically you want her to be like you. Talk about being narcissistic. Additionally, this statement is incredibly sexist (girls have to like girly things or at least somewhat like girly things). Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Oreimo would be far more interesting if Kirino was a fujoshi but I guess I can't expect a lonely otaku's wank fantasy turned into a novel to be good.

*sigh* Just another intolerant and inflammatory example that proves that your full of BS when you say "I'm an otaku too!" (based on this comment and others, it's pretty clear that you vehemently despise both otaku and shows that are targeted towards them). Rolling Eyes

As far as this series is concerned, I am definitely interested in seeing it. Hopefully it will have full-length episodes.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
*sigh* Just another intolerant and inflammatory example that proves that your full of BS when you say "I'm an otaku too!" (based on this comment and others, it's pretty clear that you vehemently despise both otaku and shows that are targeted towards them).

Obviously I do.

I must by dreaming the fact that my avatar comes from the cover of a 200-page Otokonoko shotacon manga. Or maybe I actually dreamt the fact that I have the first season of Dog Days on my computer. And a bunch of other shows. Or the fact that I spent damn near 3 weeks reading Fate/Stay Night during the school year. Or the fact the shows currently lying on my backlog include Chuu2Koi, Dog Days S2, Oreshua (probably never gonna finish that one though, boring as all-get-out), Tamako Market, Love Live and several others I can't be assed to put down

I better check my "shows I'm hyped for" list too, I must've hallucinated putting down Hyperdimension Neptunia, Prism Illya, Prism Nana (if the damn thing ever gets an anime), Kamisama no Inai Nichiyobi, Il Sole Penetre Le Illusioni, and several others.

Yeah son. Definitely.

Hint: There's more than one way to be an otaku

Hint2: Fujoshi and Fudanshi are otaku too

Hint3: Otaku is an insult in Japanese and is not something you should call yourself with pride

Last edited by Chagen46 on Thu May 23, 2013 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Chagen in charge of Heteronormativity
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:56 pm Reply with quote
What in the hell are you talking about?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
What in the hell are you talking about?

You explicitly said that female otaku should only be interested in approved "female oriented" otaku stuff.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:00 am Reply with quote
Nowhere did I say that.

What I said is that it was bizarre that Kirino only likes stuff meant for straight males despite being bi/straight herself. Keyword being "only".

I don't see the unreasonableness of that statement.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quote
Haven't seen enough of Oriemo to argue about it, so I'll just say that the premise of this show has interested me since I first heard about it, so I'm looking forward to it.
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

Obviously I do.

I must by dreaming the fact that my avatar comes from the cover of a 200-page Otokonoko shotacon manga. Or maybe I actually dreamt the fact that I have the first season of Dog Days on my computer. And a bunch of other shows. Or the fact that I spent damn near 3 weeks reading Fate/Stay Night during the school year. Or the fact the shows currently lying on my backlog include Chuu2Koi, Dog Days S2, Oreshua (probably never gonna finish that one though, boring as all-get-out), Tamako Market, Love Live and several others I can't be assed to put down

I better check my "shows I'm hyped for" list too, I must've hallucinated putting down Hyperdimension Neptunia, Prism Illya, Prism Nana (if the damn thing ever gets an anime), Kamisama no Inai Nichiyobi, Il Sole Penetre Le Illusioni, and several others.

Yeah son. Definitely.

Yeah, you can't have it both ways. You can't say that "I'm an Otaku too guys!" through rattling off all of the Otaku-targeted shows that you like or have interest in and then turn around and bash Otaku-centered shows or harass people who happen to enjoy the very same shows that you supposedly "like" (simply put, you can't legitimately call yourself an Otaku when you take sport and fun in attacking other Otaku or shows that are directed towards Otaku).Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Hint: There's more than one way to be an otaku

Never implied that there is only one way to be an Otaku (that was just a misinterpretation on your part).

Quote:
Hint2: Fujoshi and Fudanshi are otaku too

Another misinterpretation. Never said or implied this.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Never implied that there is only one way to be an Otaku (that was just a misinterpretation on your part).

Your WHOLE argument is "You're not an Otaku in this ABSURDLY SPECIFIC WAY LIKE ME ergo you're not an Otaku".

I don't even call myself an Otaku normally, so I'm not sure where you getting this bizarre idea that I ever considered myself one. I merely like the same shows but I'm not an Otaku.

Also, I love how you unpersoned the "Otaku is an insult in Japan" part of my post.
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Your WHOLE argument is "You're not an Otaku in this ABSURDLY SPECIFIC WAY LIKE ME ergo you're not an Otaku".

I don't consider the idea of not insulting the group of people that you supposedly are a part of and attacking the series that you supposedly like to be "absurd" (sounds like COMMON SENSE and SANENESS to me).

Quote:
I don't even call myself an Otaku normally, so I'm not sure where you getting this bizarre idea that I ever considered myself one. I merely like the same shows but I'm not an Otaku.

Yeah......it is not really bizarre when you give a giant list of all of the Otaku-targeted shows that you watch, indicate that "there is more than one way to be an Otaku", and complain about how I'm not acknowledging and accepting your "different Otaku type" (all of which implies that you consider yourself to be an Otaku (even if you consider yourself to be a "different type" of Otaku)). Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2