• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation, Sentai in Talks Over Former Bandai Entertainment Titles

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
traveling

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote
HobbitonGuard wrote:
terminus24 wrote:
Really hope Gosick gets recovered from what Bandai had. That series was amazing.

I am right beside you with that sentiment. Gosick is one of my favorite anime series. I'd also like to see Star Driver license rescued myself.

Aniplex of America has Star Driver.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:26 pm Reply with quote
formerroadie1 wrote:
Prefer how Funi releases things. Nice boxes and so forth. Sentai has yet to put out something really nice in terms of packaging.

Have to agree on that. I hope Funi picks up Bebop on bluray and gives it a similar release to Lain as well. Though I'm sure it won't be the same price considering it's twice the content. A soundtrack or three from the show would be a nice inclusion as well.

Also hoping for the remaining Gundam series to come out here. Not sure if I would rebuy any of the previously released series on bluray though. At least not without a substantial quality upgrade.

Thinking about it though, this is kind of a weird announcement. What's the point of bringing up the fact that you're having negotiations before any deal goes through? Especially since nothing can end up happening. Does Sunrise expect fans to start pushing one company over the other to get them to sign a deal or something?
kamen_otaku81

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:32 pm Reply with quote
I don't know about this. Isn't this how Pre-Sentai ADV Films got closed down and got into all sorts of legal muckity-muck because they made a deal to get some of the anime? Anyways, Haruhi for Sentai.
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote
traveling wrote:

Ok, I did not know that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
K-On, Cowboy Bebop? Yeah, no. New titles? What, shows that don't have dubs?

Also, these were already dubbed, it's all a matter of preference. And seeing when these shows were produced, I think BD releases aren't essential. And since I have the ones I want, meh from me.

If you are saying that Cowboy Bebop does not need to be on BD because it is an old series, that is crazy talk.

I am dying to see the gorgeously animated Cowboy Bebop in stunning HD. A DVD-only rerelease is inacceptable.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Please, for the love of god, will somebody remember to bring us some Votoms? Preferably on Blu-ray.

Sentai? Diskotech? Rightstuf? Anybody??
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
Please, for the love of god, will somebody remember to bring us some Votoms? Preferably on Blu-ray.

Sentai? Diskotech? Rightstuf? Anybody??

Maybe Discotek, but that show is beyond what FUNi or Sentai do.
Tr1ckR

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:12 pm Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
Really hope Gosick gets recovered from what Bandai had. That series was amazing.

That would be awesome, but unfortunately its not by Sunrise Sad
Steeldragon

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping The Big O is a title rescued for both seasons (I'm thinking it might be more Sentai than Funimation) As much as I want Gundam saved as well, Big O still has a soft spot with me.
kamina170

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quote
i hope sentai decides to get Tales of the Abyss and dub the series like they did with persona 4
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I just want Nichijou to brought over already, I don't even care if it gets a dub or not, and I'm the kind of guy who PERFERS to have a dub (as long as it's solid)
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:22 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:

-Turn A Gundam (that series need to be rescue, if Funimation dub it can we get Annika Odegard from DW: Gundam 1 and 2 to reprise as Loren Coheck for the dub and if they can't, can Cherami Leigh or Alexis Tipton voice Loren).

I can't picture anyone else doing Loren aside form the VA that he had in DWG. Same thing for Gym. McNeil made Gym his and it was awesome. However, I don't see Funi willing to give it to Ocean assuming they get it. See the Shana fiasco.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:32 pm Reply with quote
traveling wrote:

Uh...no they don't. They only have the streaming rights. They have not said anything about getting the home release rights for Star Driver. http://www.aniplexusa.com/titles/ <---Not listed on their site.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

-Turn A Gundam (that series need to be rescue, if Funimation dub it can we get Annika Odegard from DW: Gundam 1 and 2 to reprise as Loren Coheck for the dub and if they can't, can Cherami Leigh or Alexis Tipton voice Loren).

I can't picture anyone else doing Loren aside form the VA that he had in DWG. Same thing for Gym. McNeil made Gym his and it was awesome. However, I don't see Funi willing to give it to Ocean assuming they get it. See the Shana fiasco.

Yes but Funimation managed to get Ocean to dub Black Lagoon OVA. So if Funimation can managed to get Black Lagoon OVA dub, then I think they can get Ocean to dub Turn A Gundam.
Niyari

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
nice. maybe one of these decades we'll have the option of picking up Code Geass in the West.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8