• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: I.G, Masaaki Yuasa's Kick-Heart Anime Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:50 pm Reply with quote
db5007 wrote:
If you have any ideas for projects you would like to get crowdfunded, let me know.

It's a big one, but I think The Dream Machine would be a very fan-supported project, but I have no idea how far along in the production process it went. It'd be nice if the storyboarding was well under-way for instance.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
db5007 wrote:
If you have any ideas for projects you would like to get crowdfunded, let me know.

It's a big one, but I think The Dream Machine would be a very fan-supported project, but I have no idea how far along in the production process it went. It'd be nice if the storyboarding was well under-way for instance.

That would be a great one and I am sure a lot of people would support that.

But I imagine at a full length movie it would cost a lot more than this short.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Agreed, it would cost a lot more, but I also think Satoshi Kon's fanbase is much larger than Masaaki Yuasa's. I have no idea how feasible it is, but it's a project that I want to see finished, and I think crowdfunding could make that happen. It couldn't really hurt to try at least?
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Quote:
That's pretty funny coming from somebody with a polished, soulless money-making moeblob avatar.

Uh, the character in my avatar is a guy, and from an otokonoko shotacon eromanga that's best described as "200 pages of drawn little boys sexing each other". That's not exactly "money-making".
What? Does your Daddy know you read that stuff? Laughing
Ian K

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sorry, but I actually puked alittle bit inside when I saw the video. wow.

Quote:
Can we stop pretending this was a good idea yet?

I have no idea where either of you are coming from. I didn't back the project because I'm not into the S&M thing, but that trailer makes me wish that I did.

Quote:
Production I.G worked with Yuasa-san on a project called "Nanchatte Vampaiyan" so they have worked together before.

The Vampiyan Kids episode that Yuasa directed is bonkers. You should check it out, guys. You may like it, you may hate it, but you'll never forget it.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Ian K wrote:

I have no idea where either of you are coming from. I didn't back the project because I'm not into the S&M thing, but that trailer makes me wish that I did.

I didn't pick up on any S&M in the trailer, actually.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
db5007

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Agreed, it would cost a lot more, but I also think Satoshi Kon's fanbase is much larger than Masaaki Yuasa's. I have no idea how feasible it is, but it's a project that I want to see finished, and I think crowdfunding could make that happen. It couldn't really hurt to try at least?

Others have mentioned that project before. I'm not sure what the current status of the production is but I do think it would make a good Kickstarter project. However, the only tricky part with existing properties is the handling of the rights issues. In Japan, IP is a somewhat intricate and complex business involving many parties. Its easiest if its a new and original idea done by a creator.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3