• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha USA to Publish Sailor Moon, Sailor V Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KKDW

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:27 pm Reply with quote
This is excellent news, I've been wanting to read the Sailor Moon manga for ages so I'll definetely get these when they start coming out.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Well, look who listened to Jason Thompson's newest "House of 1000 Manga" Razz
neocloud9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote
*happy dance of ultimate joy*
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm cautiously excited. I'd like to own the Sailor Moon / Sailor V manga in English (I've got the original 18+2 books in Japanese, even if I can't read Japanese, just like I was buying the LDs for SM, SMR, and SMS as they were released).

I never bought the TP books because the translation/adaptation that I read as it was published in Mixxzine was hard to stomach. I didn't want to support that kind of release.

If Kodansha retranslates SM, keeping the correct names and given-name/family-name usage, I'll buy this. Name-order doesn't concern me as much. For better or worse, I look forward to hearing more. ^_^
Hotaruzuki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote
THANK YOU LORD!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

How strange that in the week I have been reviewing my love for the manga/show, THIS comes up!?

Last edited by Hotaruzuki on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
machetecat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quote
CAN I SCREAM INCOHERENTLY NOW?!?

BEST. NEWS. EVER. Goodbye pos Tokyopop volumes that fell apart after one read, HELLLOOO beautiful new manga! Also, Sailor V thank you so much!!!!!
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quote
y'know, I saw this as something that would come eventually once Kodansha mentioned wanting to directly release manga in the US themselves. it seemed like something that would be too much of a moneymaker for them NOT to do. I now have a whole lot of "I told you so"s to say. Laughing
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:51 pm Reply with quote
I can hear the whole boys and girls in US that love this series are now rejoicing when they hear this announcement. I hope it means the anime can be pick up in the future (I hope Funi can get it). Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Ooo, very awesome. ^^ I may actually pick this up. I heard SO many great things about Sailor Moon, but I never read the manga or watched the anime. With this, I might actually start. Way to go Kodansha!
Paploo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Best news of the day!
I'm super excited to be getting Sailor V on top of it all- definitely getting that. Even though I have most of the manga, it's in a mixture of Japanese, french and Tokyopop comics/anthologies. So I will probably be getting the deluxe 12 vol ed of the main series too [and keep my other stuff because they used a lot of different artwork].

Now I'm crossing fingers that it all sells well enough that Kodansha'll reprint the artbooks, profile book, and all the other keen paraphenalia moonies could ever want. Bring us TokiMeka, Miss Rain and Takeuchi's other comics too! Kodansha just won themselves a big badge of awesomeness, glad to see such exciting news after such a down period in manga lately.

edit- http://www.kodanshacomics.com/ Kodansha's PR indicates "Each volume has gorgeous new cover art, retouched interior art and dialogue along with extensive bonus material from Takeuchi, and detailed translation notes. "

Last edited by Paploo on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth. I had only collected the Stars manga, so I look forward to getting the whole collection!
Tsuruya-San

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:29 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome news as I really like Sailor Moon so it will be a must buy when it comes out Very Happy
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:35 pm Reply with quote
GWOtaku wrote:
The press release isn't wrong, this amounts to the "crown jewel" of Kodansha USA's lineup as it stands. Thank goodness the licensing hell is over. Jason Thompson's recent column on Sailor Moon feels very timely now, does it not? It's great to see a landmark title such as this get the treatment it deserves.
Hmm, I wonder if it was an influence in anyway? It would be great to know that someone at Kodansha USA was reading our positive posts and said " Hey, looks like there could be a big enough demand for this , Let's do it!" But that would be just too coincidental. Wink
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:37 pm Reply with quote
*insert inner child's happy squee*

I can finally collect the manga without spending a fortune on it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
skyechan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:39 pm Reply with quote
This is totally the best news I've heard all week! I never was able to collect all of the original Mixx release, and the old Pocket Mixx I own are totally falling apart. It'll be fantastic to have a new release with proper binding and a better translation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10