• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Kodansha USA Announces the Return of Sailor Moon

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:11 am Reply with quote
Celes wrote:
The new cover art for the Japanese re-releases were gorgeous and I hope they use the same ones for the American re-releases.

Bit skeptical on that front, given Kondasha USA removed the Lesbian Boat Scene in their release of the Ghost in the Shell manga.
Brand

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:47 am Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
I never read the manga for Sailor Moon, so this is a good time to at least try it out with the Sailor V release there. If I like it and get into it, I'll get on board for the manga series.

Please, don't use Sailor V as the deciding factor to get into the Sailor Moon manga its self. I hate to say it but the Sailor V manga isn't that good. There is a huge jump in art and storytelling from Sailor V to Sailor Moon. The Sailor Moon manga is far superior.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Haterater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the information. I guess I'll give the first volume of the Sailor Moon manga a try instead and treat the Sailor V one as an easter egg of sorts.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Celes wrote:
The new cover art for the Japanese re-releases were gorgeous and I hope they use the same ones for the American re-releases.

Bit skeptical on that front, given Kondasha USA removed the Lesbian Boat Scene in their release of the Ghost in the Shell manga.

As for GITS, I heard they put that scene back in the later editions of the manga. But this is good for fans of Sailor Moon. Now if only someone would relicense the show...
Schaef Dogg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:12 am Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
I hope this leads to more ex-TP Kodansha stuff being picked up (Love Hina anyone?)

Your wish has been granted. Wink
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:16 am Reply with quote
Schaef Dogg wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
I hope this leads to more ex-TP Kodansha stuff being picked up (Love Hina anyone?)

Your wish has been granted. Wink

Shocked This excites me greatly. I'll probably be putting this on preorder soon then!
Genet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Hope now to see them bring some more fabulous stuff over here

<shoukoku>

ahem.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Celes wrote:
The one example I can think of off the top of my head is the chapter where you meet Ami. In the original manga she drops floppy disk and in the re-touched art she drops a CD.

Death to edits! It's a product of its time! Laughing
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:59 am Reply with quote
YES! YES! A MILLION TIMES YESSS!!! I'm just upset that I got rid of my old Sailor Moon comics. Man I seriously regret it truly, but I'm glad Sailor Moon is being saved Very Happy
Wrial Huden

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:30 am Reply with quote
OK, now just waiting for the other shoe to drop!

This is a good sign, though, in that a re-release of the anime could be just around the corner.

Whoever gets the anime license will hopefully clean up the audio on the first season (anyone remember ADV's boxed set?) and not even bother with that awful DiC dub.

AND also pick up Sailor Stars!!!
kiwigreeneyes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy I feel like I could cry! I own every volume of the old TP/Mixx editions (took me about a year to track them all down). I'm so happy to read it in it's proper format!!!

I wonder how much they'll translate? Like Senshi vs Soldier? Will they keep senshi or translate it?

I just preordered the first two volumes of SM and Sailor V from B&N. Smile

I think I'm going to be dancing everywhere I go for the next couple of days. This is amazing news.
kiwigreeneyes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Celes wrote:
... The new cover art for the Japanese re-releases were gorgeous and I hope they use the same ones for the American re-releases.

You don't by any chance know where I could see pictures of the new cover art, do you? I'd love to see what they look like.

Last edited by kiwigreeneyes on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paploo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:46 pm Reply with quote
kiwigreeneyes wrote:

You don't by any chance know where I could see pictures of the new cover art, do you? I'd love to see what they look like.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/美少女戦士セーラームーン新装版(1)-KCデラックス-武内-直子/dp/4063347761/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_3

If you search Sailor Moon on amazon.jp, and then click on the kanji for the authors name, you can see some of the covers. Though amazon.jp doesnt' have larger images for them
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Celes wrote:

It's been confirmed that they are using the new covers for the 12 volume rerelease.
kiwigreeneyes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Paploo wrote:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/美少女戦士セーラームーン新装版(1)-KCデラックス-武内-直子/dp/4063347761/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_3
If you search Sailor Moon on amazon.jp, and then click on the kanji for the authors name, you can see some of the covers. Though amazon.jp doesnt' have larger images for them

Thank you so much!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3