• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Night Shifts

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Is that a typo, or do you not know yet that she just released her second video? Anyways, she just released her second video a couple days ago.

I honestly didn't know, thank you for pointing that out to me. I'll go watch it now.
Kerberous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:47 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

She never conned anybody.

She asked for some minor money to make the videos. Male gamers had a collective aneurysm at the thought and threatened to rape and murder her, people sympathetic to her cause then gave her tons of money. She never ASKED for the money she got. She never conned anybody.

You would know this if you did 10 minutes of research. Of course, that would nullify your ability to be a disingenuous a person I disagree with politically spewing hatred onto anyone pointing out your awful beliefs, while being utterly unaware of what anyone is saying.

Rage on, boy. Maybe one day you'll be able to look outside of your cocoon of privilege and stop viewing others as obstructions to your want for the satisfaction of your base desires.

In what world is getting 6000$ for the stuff you already make for "free", not a con job ?

She just begged for 6000$ and knew that all the publicity she got would give her a lot more. Now, say that all the money she made went into her vids and not her pockets Smile

I'm glad that all you guys and gals on the internet have this skill. You know what I'm feeling without seeing or knowing me.
Maybe one day you'll be able to look outside your ignorant beliefs and see that the world isn't out to get you for being a woman.

ikillchicken wrote:

Yeah, this whole issue is a pretty obvious non-starter for me. When you look at who it is making these arguments against her it becomes immediately apparent that they're just being made up after the fact to justify a knee jerk defensive reaction.

I'm not gonna deny that a lot of people are probably just pissed at her for being a woman (mainly, fighting game fans). But, if you made that comment in response to me, get a clue. I criticized the AVGN, Irate Gamer and plenty other male gamers for doing the same thing she is doing now. And they never ran away from criticism. This is the internet and people laugh at the silly things they see here, no hate or a person I disagree with politically w/e intended.

Chagen46 wrote:

Anita is a human being, as much as her "detractors" (more like whiny haters) try to denigrate her as Feminist Hitler. She is not perfect.

And she did release the second video a few days ago. I'm impressed at her resilience. Seriously, she's a strong person compared to her detractors, most of whom are complete pussies who will never get laid because they have so few cajones that they must resort to insults behind a computer screen to make up for their sad, pathetic, worthless, and utterly abhorrent existences where every day is an exercise in denying their own mediocrity and revoltingness.

So, anyone who criticizes her is a whiny hater ?

Yes. She is so STRONG that she can't even stand people insulting her on the internet, which is why she disabled youtube comments. Anyone who EVER says anything bad about feminists or females are definitely virgin losers on the internet. More misandry and misogyny please ?

Chagen46 wrote:

Those "retort" video (more like screeds from internet people I disagree with politically much like screaming children whining about their toys being taken away) have as much worth as the opinion of a Stormfronter.

Care to refute any points that these screaming children on youtube are making ? Like say, Thunderf00t's 2 vids or TheAmazingAtheist's vid ?
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:02 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
And she did release the second video a few days ago. I'm impressed at her resilience. Seriously, she's a strong person compared to her detractors, most of whom are complete pussies who will never get laid because they have so few cajones that they must resort to insults behind a computer screen to make up for their sad, pathetic, worthless, and utterly abhorrent existences where every day is an exercise in denying their own mediocrity and revoltingness.

Are you aware at all of any of the irony in insulting people by calling them a female body part and objectifying women to the point of them being nothing more than objects to get 'laid' by as if it's some kind of status symbol, rite of passage, or some kind of life goal? As if that wasn't bad enough, you then resort to using male genitalia as a sign of power and strength.

Quote:
Those "retort" video (more like screeds from internet people I disagree with politically much like screaming children whining about their toys being taken away) have as much worth as the opinion of a Stormfronter.

As sad as it is to see someone dismiss an opinion on the grounds of the presenter's gender (if only there was a word we could use to describe discrimination based solely on sex) I feel it should be pointed out a good chunk of those videos are by women. We can stop pretending it's only men who disagree with her.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Maybe one day you'll be able to look outside your ignorant beliefs and see that the world isn't out to get you for being a woman.

I'm a man.

Quote:
She just begged for 6000$ and knew that all the publicity she got would give her a lot more. Now, say that all the money she made went into her vids and not her pockets

Who gives a shit? She got money, stop whinging about it.

Quote:
Care to refute any points that these screaming children on youtube are making ? Like say, Thunderf00t's 2 vids or TheAmazingAtheist's vid ?

Aren't those two both infamous for sexism? Their opinions are irrelevant.

Quote:
I feel it should be pointed out a good chunk of those videos are by women. We can stop pretending it's only men who disagree with her.

It is perfectly possible for a woman to be so thoroughly brainwashed by the patriarchy that she cannot stand criticism of it.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Kerberous wrote:

Kerberous wrote:
I'm not gonna deny that a lot of people are probably just pissed at her for being a woman.

How is it that you don't see the dichotomy in these two statements?

Quote:
Anyone who EVER says anything bad about feminists or females are definitely virgin losers on the internet. More misandry and misogyny please ?

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with a particular person who is a feminist or a particular line of reasoning that falls under the umbrella of feminism. But pretty much anyone who lumps all "feminists" into one big amorphous group and then proceeds to insult/dismiss that group is basically just a misogynist dumbass, yeah.
Crispy45

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
But pretty much anyone who lumps all "feminists" into one big amorphous group and then proceeds to insult/dismiss that group is basically just a misogynist dumbass, yeah.

>_> does that make you and Chagen46 misandrists because you agreed with him on lumping of all men into one big amorphous rapist group and then proceeded to insult/dismiss them then or are you guys just hypocrites?
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:20 am Reply with quote
Crispy45 wrote:
does that make you and Chagen46 misandrists because you agreed with him on lumping of all men into one big amorphous rapist group and then proceeded to insult/dismiss them then or are you guys just hypocrites?

At no point has anyone claimed that all men are rapists. At no point has anyone made any sort of definitive generalization about all men at all. These are facts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4