• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: .hack//SIGN Novel 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I read this a couple of weeks ago. Not a particularly challenging read, and it's over pretty quickly, but the information it reveals is definately fascinating if you're a fan of the .hack world. Though I still wish it would have delved a bit more into the reason why the area "Navel of Lake" and its temple was so important, since you see it in pretty much every .hack storyline. It might've been mentioned in the games, I can't remember.
Zakuro1208

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Watarai, wasn't he mentioned in the Manga? (.Hack//Legend of the Twighlight) ._.
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Watarai was mentioned *somewhere* before, though there's really a lot of named characters throughout all of the .hack series, as the massive list of them in my .hack//Analysis can attest.

I personally thought AI Buster was great. It's a bit of a different style, but a lot of fun if you let yourself get into the story.
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:38 am Reply with quote
Is this review for //SIGN or //AI BUSTER? If it's the latter you should change the title there.
Requiem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:18 am Reply with quote
ACDragonMaster wrote:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Watarai was mentioned *somewhere* before, though there's really a lot of named characters throughout all of the .hack series, as the massive list of them in my .hack//Analysis can attest.

I'd have to find the manga in my stuff, spoiler[but I'm pretty sure Watarai is Kamui from DUSK/Twilight Bracelet since she has Albireo's Spear of Wontan and there are the flashbacks of her and Albireo in the manga.]
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:55 am Reply with quote
Requiem wrote:
I'd have to find the manga in my stuff, spoiler[but I'm pretty sure Watarai is Kamui from DUSK/Twilight Bracelet since she has Albireo's Spear of Wontan and there are the flashbacks of her and Albireo in the manga.]

No, I don't think so, because spoiler[that spear is basically a sysadmin's tool, meaning that the higher ups could give it to anyone in Watarai's position.]
Runevalkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:34 pm Reply with quote
ACDragonMaster wrote:
No, I don't think so, because spoiler[that spear is basically a sysadmin's tool, meaning that the higher ups could give it to anyone in Watarai's position.]

My mistake, I reread it and you're right ... major misread on my part '^_^\

BTW I finally found the third volume of DUSK and it confirmed for me that Watarai is Albireo's real-life counterpart.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Runevalkyrie wrote:
BTW I finally found the third volume of DUSK and it confirmed for me that spoiler[Watarai is Albireo's real-life counterpart.]

(tags added)

That's spoiler info, Runevalkyrie, since that's one of the key plot twists in the novel. Please use appropriate tags in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kulaguy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Runevalkyrie wrote:
BTW I finally found the third volume of DUSK and it confirmed for me that spoiler[Watarai is Albireo's real-life counterpart.]

(tags added)

That's spoiler info, Runevalkyrie, since that's one of the key plot twists in the novel. Please use appropriate tags in the future.

O.o

I don't really see how that's a plot twist.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1