• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III to Also Ship on Xbox One

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sainta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Nintendo already published Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, Re:coded and Dream Drop Distance but they don't get a III port?
RazzBerrieCharm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
the company confirmed that Kingdom Hearts III will feature new Disney worlds.

Crossing fingers for Pixar...and Tangled...
I just happy KH 3 is being development right now and I will be getting it on the PS4. Seems nostalgic that way for me...
dan9999

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Does not matter. They MUST be playe don PS and not an infest drm abomination.
xScar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Letthemeatraep wrote:
Doesn't really matter.

With that price tag and those disgusting restrictions on game ownership no one in their right mind outside of the most blinkered fanboys are going to be buying an Xbone. I just HAVE to believe people have a bit more sense than that.

On PS4 you'll be able to BUY this games, on Xbone you'll be able to LICENSE them. Dunno about the rest of you, but if I pay $60-$70 for a game disc then I sure as shit better be able to do whatever the hell I like with it.

You're buying the games regardless. Stop spouting bullshit like that. All media that you purchase you are "licensing" for your viewing/usage.

Reasons I'm buying an Xbox One:
1. More exclusives. I can't remember one thing that Sony showcased that caught my interest and was an exclusive. Xbox, on the other hand, showed quite a few.
2. The family plan which allows me to access our shared game library across the cloud with my family. My brother buys more than twice the games I do, and with me living half way across the world from him, sharing discs isn't feasible.
3. XBL has been generally cheaper than PS Plus and provides a better gaming service. I've rarely seen PS Plus get discounted, but XBL is discounted to $35 constantly. Sony has yet to say anything outside of it adding cross-game chat (something it should've had all along), so I'm still wary about the service.
4. I don't buy a lot of used games. I learned long ago that Gamestop is simply a gyp. I can get a brand new game on Amazon cheaper than a used one from Gamestop fairly easily -- and if not, it would only be a few dollars more. If I buy at Gamestop, they eat up all the money; Amazon, money goes back to the developers.
5. $100 is not a major break when buying an electronic device -- especially one that should last me for many years to come. Xbox One also comes with the Kinect, where the PS4 doesn't come with the PS Camera.

The only thing people really has reason to flip out over is the connect needed every 24hrs -- something I feel as though Microsoft could easily change from now until this holiday. However, it still doesn't bother me though. There's rarely a time my Xbox isn't hooked up to the internet. If I want to lug a gaming device to a place where internet is sparse, I have my much more convenient laptop.
dan9999

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:55 pm Reply with quote
People like xScar is the reason coprs go ahead with this king of bullsh*t, and screw up all of us, ignorance is bliss.

You are a very sad person. You deserve the xbone so very very very much, a perfect fit.

BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
xScar wrote:
Letthemeatraep wrote:
Doesn't really matter.

With that price tag and those disgusting restrictions on game ownership no one in their right mind outside of the most blinkered fanboys are going to be buying an Xbone. I just HAVE to believe people have a bit more sense than that.

On PS4 you'll be able to BUY this games, on Xbone you'll be able to LICENSE them. Dunno about the rest of you, but if I pay $60-$70 for a game disc then I sure as shit better be able to do whatever the hell I like with it.

You're buying the games regardless. Stop spouting bullshit like that. All media that you purchase you are "licensing" for your viewing/usage.

1. More exclusives. I can't remember one thing that Sony showcased that caught my interest and was an exclusive. Xbox, on the other hand, showed quite a few.
2. The family plan which allows me to access our shared game library across the cloud with my family. My brother buys more than twice the games I do, and with me living half way across the world from him, sharing discs isn't feasible.
3. XBL has been generally cheaper than PS Plus and provides a better gaming service. I've rarely seen PS Plus get discounted, but XBL is discounted to $35 constantly. Sony has yet to say anything outside of it adding cross-game chat (something it should've had all along), so I'm still wary about the service.
4. I don't buy a lot of used games. I learned long ago that Gamestop is simply a gyp. I can get a brand new game on Amazon cheaper than a used one from Gamestop fairly easily -- and if not, it would only be a few dollars more. If I buy at Gamestop, they eat up all the money; Amazon, money goes back to the developers.
5. $100 is not a major break when buying an electronic device -- especially one that should last me for many years to come. Xbox One also comes with the Kinect, where the PS4 doesn't come with the PS Camera.

The only thing people really has reason to flip out over is the connect needed every 24hrs -- something I feel as though Microsoft could easily change from now until this holiday. However, it still doesn't bother me though. There's rarely a time my Xbox isn't hooked up to the internet. If I want to lug a gaming device to a place where internet is sparse, I have my much more convenient laptop.

To start off with, what kind of planet do you live on, because I definitely don't want to live there Rolling Eyes

I don't know where you get the idea that XBox Live is cheaper than PSPlus as PSPlus is cheaper than XBox Live PLUS you get free games each month. As for PSPlus hardly getting discounted, there's always been discounts in the UK every few months, plus lately two magazines over here have given free codes for a month's worth of PSPlus membership and also one of the various special editions of Hitman Absolution gave away a voucher with a code for a month's membership as well. As a result, I've managed to get 3 month's membership for free on top of my year's membership which I paid £29.99 for last year from Gamestation as part of a special offer.

Also, there's no way I'd buy such a locked-down piece of shit like the XShite One any time soon (and I'm not even a console-specific fanboy) which is why I'm buying a PS4 AND a Wii U in the future as they're not locked down, plus with the PS4 is region free as far as games are concerned unlike the XShite One (which to someone like myself is a huge fan of import games is very important to me).

I myself don't own a XBox 360 and I'll only buy one preowned when the price goes down to below £100 and I can mod it to play import games like Otomedius Excellent that for some dumbass reason never came out in Europe.

In other words, nice try, fanboy although I'll give you a 'B' for trying to claim that the XShite One is the best next-gen console out there.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote
xScar wrote:
Letthemeatraep wrote:
Doesn't really matter.

Playstation Plus gives you a massive amount of free games and Party Chat cant even come close to comparing to that. Xbox Live is a complete joke and is representative of the type of thinking of Microsoft that any idea they had 10 years ago is somehow still relevant and doesn't need to be changed.

I don't want the Kinect in my house because I don't trust Microsoft to not abuse the thing by snooping on me. Not including the Playstation Eye is a bonus for me.

Exclusive can change as can be seen when this generation started with Microsoft absolutely dominating before they lost most of their exclusives, and by the end basically had Halo, Gears of War, and Fable, none of which interest me in the slightest.

The only exclusive that Microsoft had that I was interested in was Crimson Dragon while Playstation had the Order, Knack and Infamous.

In term of policies Sony just absolute destroys Microsoft which seems to be interested in only pleasing publishers who are trying to keep gaming's bloated triple A nature.
xScar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:53 pm Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:
xScar wrote:
Letthemeatraep wrote:
Doesn't really matter.

To start off with, what kind of planet do you live on, because I definitely don't want to live there Rolling Eyes

I don't know where you get the idea that XBox Live is cheaper than PSPlus as PSPlus is cheaper than XBox Live PLUS you get free games each month. As for PSPlus hardly getting discounted, there's always been discounts in the UK every few months, plus lately two magazines over here have given free codes for a month's worth of PSPlus membership and also one of the various special editions of Hitman Absolution gave away a voucher with a code for a month's membership as well. As a result, I've managed to get 3 month's membership for free on top of my year's membership which I paid £29.99 for last year from Gamestation as part of a special offer.

Also, there's no way I'd buy such a locked-down piece of shit like the XShite One any time soon (and I'm not even a console-specific fanboy) which is why I'm buying a PS4 AND a Wii U in the future as they're not locked down, plus with the PS4 is region free as far as games are concerned unlike the XShite One (which to someone like myself is a huge fan of import games is very important to me).

I myself don't own a XBox 360 and I'll only buy one preowned when the price goes down to below £100 and I can mod it to play import games like Otomedius Excellent that for some dumbass reason never came out in Europe.

In other words, nice try, fanboy although I'll give you a 'B' for trying to claim that the XShite One is the best next-gen console out there.

I never claimed it was the best. I just listed my personal reasons for getting it. Jeez, you hostile people.

Xbox Live is on sale nearly every couple of weeks from various retailers for $35 for 12 months. Not that hard to snag it for this price at all. Even right now, you can get a 12 month card on Amazon for $47.xx, while a 12 month card for PS Plus is $49.xx. As for the discounts on PS Plus... getting a few month or so isn't what I'm talking about -- Microsoft does that all the time as well -- I mean discounted yearly memberships.

I already have a Wii U, and it's gotten no use at all. I'll probably get a PS4 at price drop, but it's definitely not the one I'll be picking up at launch.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I dont see the big deal.

Lets see xbox excluvisves Sony got, and some in better versions - Mass Effect, Eternal Sonata, Enchanted Arms, Star Ocean, Deadly Premonition, Condemned, hell I believe even Bioshock was exclusive for a time.

Also regarding the exclusives, you have to realize Sony supports its systems and is no rush. Its still announcing great games for the ps3, I mean a chunk of their conference was showing games like Beyond Two Souls, Last of US, etc. The exclusives will be their with sony.

And also if you are on this site, I have to assume a decent amount of you are fans of JRPGs, and you cant even compare Sony's support to xbox's. In the next year we are getting Time and Eternity, Time Fate Paradox, Dragons Crown, Witch and hundred knights, Disgaea 2 dimensions, ff 14, ff x collection, kh collection, tales of xillia, tales of symphonia collection.

And that not even counting their existing rpg library which makes xbox look like a joke. So honestly I dont see why you would go with xbox over sony if you like jrpgs.
dan9999

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:54 pm Reply with quote
@xScar

Don't try to excuse yourself, you are fanboy or if not, ignorant.

@ CrownKlown

Just read xbox GONE wont enter the Japanese market for a while yet (M$ asian market plans does not include Japan) (or at all)!.... Excellent, wont have to worry about a beloved jrpg being xbox gone exclusive now, even then I would never make the same mistake twice (360) of getting this sh*t for one or two exclusive jrpgs anyway.
Sourdruid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:23 pm Reply with quote
xScar wrote:
Letthemeatraep wrote:
Doesn't really matter.

%100 THANK YOU
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. I am not pleased.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:46 pm Reply with quote
The fanboyism in here is comically absurd.

So what it gets on the Xbox DONE, the damn system is gonna sell nothing anyway. Does it really affect you anyway?

Bah, I don't even play Kingdom Hearts (I cannot get over how much it sounds like the dumbest fanfic idea ever) and I'm not really an FF fan (probably'll pick it up anyway, though, to see what the big fuss is all about)
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:05 pm Reply with quote
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!!!!

Now I'll be forced to still play these games (because this doesn't prevent that whatsoever) but without the accompanying smug sense of satisfaction that others cannot. How could Square Enix do this? Do they not see that it will greatly diminish the size of my ePenis!?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Financially, since Xbox/PS distribution is split in half, it makes sense for Squeenix to serve both halves (no sense in not serving a huge other market, especially now with similar architectures for easier programming to both)......... unless of course if they're offered huge wads of development cash to compensate going exclusive.

BorgmanJayce wrote:

I don't know where you get the idea that XBox Live is cheaper than PSPlus as PSPlus is cheaper than XBox Live PLUS you get free games each month.

Not sure in UK, but in N. America, it'll be the same price (PSN $5/month, XBL $60/year). However, XBL is only just starting the 2 free games per month program this year, so PS+ is more useful when you play a lot of games. On the other hand, online gaming experience is generally better on XBL, but then it's paid service so gamers should expect it. Also if you have relatives, it was** useful to get the XBL Family Plan with a year-long XBL up to 4 members for only $100 and notably allowed members to share MS points (**it was unfortunately discontinued in March for new purchase, though still honoring existing purchases).

BorgmanJayce wrote:

Yes you can (or have someone mod it for you, older versions the better), and that homebrew would also allow you to try out "backup games" before buying. Wink

Last edited by enurtsol on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3