Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll iOS App Lists Spring 2011 Anime


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
potatochobit
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 1368
Location: TEXAS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:46 am Reply with quote
why is kaminomi not on here...
now I'm worried
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Saturn



Joined: 08 Aug 2002
Posts: 513
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:50 am Reply with quote
wow, they've got quite a variety.
And yet, none of it seems worth the cost of the monthly subscription ._.

That's not really Crunchyroll's fault, though. There just seems to be a whole lot of shows being released this upcoming season and the majority of them fall into "meh" territory. Still nice to see so many licenses though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kyogissun



Joined: 17 Aug 2007
Posts: 676
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:55 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
Hana-Saku Iroha
Lotte no Omocha
Nichijou


****ing hell man.

*le sigh* Guess I put my CR account on hold for no reason. ~_~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ikillchicken



Joined: 12 Feb 2007
Posts: 7272
Location: Vancouver
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:59 am Reply with quote
llamaben wrote:
It's definitely not a sign, as the Aniplex noitamainA title was on CR last season but the FCC noitaminA title wasn't.


It's a sign that the Wandering Son being on CR was at least not an isolated occurrence. Whether non-Aniplex shows ever turn up there remains to be seen but it is a good step none the less.

zensunni wrote:
I get fairly tired of the "bottom of the barrel" comments that I frequently see about CR. For CR, it is about quantity. They don't want to stream "just the good stuff," they want to stream it all.


Uh...yeah? That would be the reason. They apparently want to stream everything. Hence they end up scraping the bottom of the barrel. What's your issue?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
ss-hikaru



Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Posts: 269
Location: Western Australia
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:20 am Reply with quote
Oooh, the lineup looks good! I'm impressed with the number of shows that Crunchyroll are managing to acquire the streaming rights to. It makes me feel like they actual listened to what I had to say in that survey of theirs awhile ago Anime smile Really happy to be a Crunchyroll member right now (so many shonen jump anime)!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ermat_46



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 512
Location: Philippines
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:05 am Reply with quote
Have yet to see speculations on f***ing "REGIONAL RESTRICTIONS" for non-Kadokawa titles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
llamaben



Joined: 08 Mar 2009
Posts: 15
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:09 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Have yet to see speculations on f***ing "REGIONAL RESTRICTIONS" for non-Kadokawa titles.
Well, perhaps Lotte no Omocha will be worldwide like Rio (also PONYCANYON).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ermat_46



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 512
Location: Philippines
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:17 am Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
Quote:
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
Hana-Saku Iroha
Lotte no Omocha
Nichijou


****ing hell man.

*le sigh* Guess I put my CR account on hold for no reason. ~_~


Then don't watch those 4 shows...

There are at least 12+3 shows CR is getting this Spring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapet



Joined: 20 Apr 2009
Posts: 1517
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:49 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping CR picks up [C] I can't stand Funimation's streams for subs. It's just a matter of I rather watch subbed anime in 720p and CR offers that for almost everything.

So I'll take it that The Anime Network is picking up Maria+Holic Alive? I mean Section23 owns the rights to the first season so. I just want subs, no group is going to pick it up and the first season was dropped by almost every sub group that took the project up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TheAncientOne



Joined: 06 Oct 2010
Posts: 1841
Location: USA (mid-south)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:55 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
why is kaminomi not on here...
now I'm worried

Don't be. As The World God Only Knows is an existing CR title, a "sequel" series would not be listed separately.

I do not recall a single instance of CR ever failing to obtain the follow-up to a series they already have. Even with Strike Witches and Sora no Otoshimono, both of which they no longer had on their site, and which Funimation already had the rights to for the first series.


ninjapet wrote:

So I'll take it that The Anime Network is picking up Maria+Holic Alive? I mean Section23 owns the rights to the first season so. I just want subs, no group is going to pick it up and the first season was dropped by almost every sub group that took the project up.

Unlikey. Thus far, none of their simulcasts have been sequel series. Note that despite the fact they stream To Love-ru, they did not obtain Motto To Love-Ru in Fall 2010.

I think the most likely candidate for their Spring 2011 simulcast is Hidan no Aria (Aria The Scarlett Ammo).

My secondary pick for TAN would be Sengoku Otome. Given that this one is on TV Tokyo, it is interesting it is not (yet) on the list for Crunchyroll.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
agila61



Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Posts: 3213
Location: NE Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:15 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
It is probably safe to assume that whatever bug caused the leak is only affecting new titles, not updates to existing ones (since they often include sequels on the same page as the original series, e.g. Mitsudomoe and Hayate)
I don't know the iOS app, but the first update to the Roku channel has a way to set out distinct seasons in a single show ~ so it would not be surprising at all if a leak based on a premature "push" of series titles would not reveal updates to existing shows.

And one of the teasers in the subscribing members forum does indeed promise "A Spring Lineup like you've never seen".

zensunni wrote:
I get fairly tired of the "bottom of the barrel" comments that I frequently see about CR. For CR, it is about quantity. They don't want to stream "just the good stuff," they want to stream it all.
Precisely, "Scraping the bottom of the barrel" means "to select from among the worst; to choose from what is left over."{*} Selecting from a wide range without discrimination is not "selecting from among the worst", so your point is correct,
{* McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. }

It would, of course be a mistake to assume that ikillchicken cares whether or not what he said was in any way accurate:
ikillchicken wrote:
Uh...yeah? That would be the reason. They apparently want to stream everything. Hence they end up scraping the bottom of the barrel. What's your issue?
See? Just brazens it out and pretends that's what the phrase means.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 25 Oct 2003
Posts: 7467
Location: Wales
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:21 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
llamaben wrote:
It's definitely not a sign, as the Aniplex noitamainA title was on CR last season but the FCC noitaminA title wasn't.


It's a sign that the Wandering Son being on CR was at least not an isolated occurrence. Whether non-Aniplex shows ever turn up there remains to be seen but it is a good step none the less.

Basically, FUNimation's deal is with FCC so only covers shows where FCC is responsible for the international (or at least the North American) distribution rights.

Quote:
However as pointed out previously in this thread, C does appear as page not found and it's also very possible that Funimation's contract with FCC has run out (as it's now been a year since it started).

Crunchyroll actually created a locked Fractale page last year with FCC listed as licensor. I have a reason to believe that FUNi does has C (it's not that good a reason though so not worth going into).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
llamaben



Joined: 08 Mar 2009
Posts: 15
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Basically, FUNimation's deal is with FCC so only covers shows where FCC is responsible for the international (or at least the North American) distribution rights.
While their deal is with FCC, that doesn't mean they didn't pick up other noitaminA titles from other companies.

Quote:
Crunchyroll actually created a locked Fractale page last year with FCC listed as licensor. I have a reason to believe that FUNi does has C (it's not that good a reason though so not worth going into).
They did, but they also had pages for Infinite Stratos, Freezing, Merry, Oniichan no koto, Kimi ni Todoke 2nd and Madoka too (strangely enough the Madoka page has disappeared now). There is no sign of any pages like that this season yet, unless they are the other hidden pages I've found (which isn't many), or the hidden pages with the red article not found page too. I would find it strange to create a page like that for a single series but not others...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Past



Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 3240
Location: China (Searching for Jusenkyo)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Yaay Astarotte no Omocha.
That was one I totally wasn't expecting CR to get but very much looking forward to.
Plus nearly all of those other ones listed were ones I was specifically interested in, especially Dog Days and Nichijou. CR you rock! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime
Blood-
Aria CompanyAria Company


Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 20479
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad this happened, heh-heh-heh. I hate how CR does its slow dance of the seven veils when it rolls out its schedule ... only announcing one day, etc. I understand why they do it - mo' clicks = mo' money for them, but it is still annoying. I'm an impatient guy - want to know ALL the shows that will be simulcasted INSTANTLY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group