• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kakurenbo Hide & Seek Contest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redcomet15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:59 pm Reply with quote
I don't know what I did wrong, but I only found three clues before reaching the end. I suppose I must have incorrectly guessed clue #2, but by doing so I accidentally stumbled onto the second to last clue. And actually, I'm a little sad, cause I had fun solving the three clues I did reach. Oh well. Props to me, I suppose.
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:28 pm Reply with quote
That was REALLY FUN!! (How did you get the last anime to connect to the last clue? I was like o.O WHAT!? Anime hyper) But yes, veryyy fun and congrats in advance to the winner ^-^
astra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that was alot of fun and a nice break from studying for my econ midterm.
AHHH midterm.

Just a paranoid question: ANN won't sell our email and mailing information right? I don't like spam Sad
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:38 pm Reply with quote
The last clue made my brain explode. For 3 & 1/2 hours.

Then I realized... well... something that could have helped me eons ago. >=O

Super excellent though. Mind bleedingly frusterating, but amusing.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:17 pm Reply with quote
astra wrote:
Wow, that was alot of fun and a nice break from studying for my econ midterm.
AHHH midterm.

Just a paranoid question: ANN won't sell our email and mailing information right? I don't like spam Sad

From the fine print at the bottom:
Quote:
Contestant names, e-mail and mailing addresses will not be given out to any one and will be erased when the winners have been confirmed. Non-winners will not be contacted, spammed or harassed in any way.

So, no. Anime smile It's safe.
Case

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:39 pm Reply with quote
15 minutes.

The only one that gave me trouble was the one about the bird monster. Probably because that title is the least popular or mainstream of the titles used?

Still, a good test of basic reasoning skills for people who know a lot of anime titles.
dragonlord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:55 pm Reply with quote
there... LOL i had I can't believe i found three of them by complete randomness... one of which luckily was the one for the first clue (which made me realise what was happening

Kinda screwed up the order (skipped like half of them) but i did up finding all the clues (wouldn't like the "random finds" to finish this for me)

Last edited by dragonlord on Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Vikio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Gah, I'm bad, I couldnt solve the first clue, so I skipped around like crazy. I think I started this scavenger hunt from the middle and when I solved it, I felt bad so I went back to the beginning. And I realized I wasn't stupid, I just never heard of that anime, oh well. I was pleasantly surprised at the scary bird man clue 'cause THAT anime I did see.
I totally agree that more contests like this one would be FUN! Anime smile even if I DID do it out of order.
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:41 am Reply with quote
Question, I already did the contest, I was wondering if my broter is allowed to enter because I dont want you all thinking it's me with a different name. We do have the same mailing address but different e-mail.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
shattercone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:03 am Reply with quote
If another contest like this were made to be REALLY down-right devilishly hard, we'd not be limited to the Anime Encyclopedia... rather open up the Manga, People, and even Lexicon Encyclopedias as fair game... Some of us would love the challenge!
thed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:31 am Reply with quote
that was really fun, and i learned about a lot of new titles that i just have to watch now. Good job ANN, and you should have this be like a monthly contest or something i would love to do thsi again.
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:42 am Reply with quote
I just finished, it only took me 12 hours!!!!!
OK, not really, I got stuck on that little Harvey Birdman wannabe and then had to go to work and didn't get back to it until just a few minutes ago. Just one comment, the contest entry asks which anime had the last clue in it, not to be nitpicky, but that would be the second to last anime, the one before the last in the sequence that actually has the last "clue."
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:12 am Reply with quote
remember love wrote:
Question, I already did the contest, I was wondering if my broter is allowed to enter because I don't want you all thinking it's me with a different name. We do have the same mailing address but different e-mail.

Yes, multiple people from the same household are allowed to enter.
takachsh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I have no idea. I've been at the first clue since yesterday......its not making any sense to me *tears*
B33

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:06 pm Reply with quote
ShellBullet wrote:
I just finished, it only took me 12 hours!!!!!
OK, not really, I got stuck on that little Harvey Birdman wannabe and then had to go to work and didn't get back to it until just a few minutes ago. Just one comment, the contest entry asks which anime had the last clue in it, not to be nitpicky, but that would be the second to last anime, the one before the last in the sequence that actually has the last "clue."

Hope its not a trick question... The last clue was the easiest one.
The picture should be a enough to tell you...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7