• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kakurenbo Hide & Seek Contest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:08 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
*image*
That's pretty cool. Tatara seems to be having fun, with his Gogai! Gogai magazine and all.

And yes, the answers will probably be anounced after the competition.

Last edited by .Sy on Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:00 am Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:
still don't get what the sentence is asking for....

asked like 10 other people and THEY don't get it either....

I suffered from the same symptom. The first clue is particularly difficult for non-North American, for CPM had translated its title in a rather distant way. Those who memorize titles with Japanese (I've noticed you are stationed at Yokota AB; assuming that you've asked some Japanese friends?) would have a hard time trying to dig out which title it was.

After the first clue, the rest of them were a breeze and were finished in less than five minutes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:37 pm Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:
still don't get what the sentence is asking for....

asked like 10 other people and THEY don't get it either....

skip the picture and focus more on the words. that's all i can say without giving away too much
Gemini Angel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:55 pm Reply with quote
hmm...this contest seems like fun Anime catgrin

I am having trouble with the first clue though, I have a question:Once I find the anime page that the clue was meant to lead me to, will there be another picture and clue on the page that is easy to spot?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Gemini Angel wrote:
Once I find the anime page that the clue was meant to lead me to, will there be another picture and clue on the page that is easy to spot?

Affirmative.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Gemini Angel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, but I finnished already, Laughing Anime catgrin . I didn't think it would be so quick. It wasn't too hard since I was familiar with most of the anime titles
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I finished, knowing nothing past "I think I've read this title somewhere". You people shouldn't have given any hints. Razz I just hit CTRL-F a couple times...
SaiRong

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Just sent in my answer. That was a lot of fun, though I got stuck on some parts. Good luck to everyone who figured it out!

Evenif you don't win, I still highly reccomend checking Kakurenbo out. It's a really awesome anime.
Nebs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:31 pm Reply with quote
What happened to the clue about if Kakurenbo were a dream, what a beautiful dream it would be? It's the one that came with the pic of the old man wearing make-up. It's gone now, & got replaced with a totally different clue....

Not that I'm complaining, I couldn't figure out that clue for the life of me. Anime smile + sweatdrop I spent days trying to figure that one out (all the others were easy till that), but just couldn't get it. Thank goodness for the (much) easier clue.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
RedComet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
What happened to the clue about if Kakurenbo were a dream, what a beautiful dream it would be? It's the one that came with the pic of the old man wearing make-up. It's gone now, & got replaced with a totally different clue....

Not that I'm complaining, I couldn't figure out that clue for the life of me. Anime smile + sweatdrop I spent days trying to figure that one out (all the others were easy till that), but just couldn't get it. Thank goodness for the (much) easier clue.

Dude I was stuck on that one as well and the clue was really easy. Now I just need to ask my parents if I can enter.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:

I'm surprised you couldn't get that one, your avatar and all...

Anyways, the last clue was changed for a secret reason.

-t
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:57 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Nebs wrote:

-t

If we already submited the pervious last anime in the game will that still be valid, or will we have to submit this one as well?
remember love

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
If we already submited the pervious last anime in the game will that still be valid, or will we have to submit this one as well?

I'm wondering this as well. Or is it so theres a first drawing which the people who were fast enough to figure it out get those prizes for that then the second drawings for those who didn't get it quick enough gets prizes off that answer? Or is it you just didn't want people telling off the answer that easily so you're changing it around?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tenchi_Masaki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:20 am Reply with quote
..? It's only the final "ANIME" name that you put into the box...if that's what you're getting at...I believe that it's because of the fact that people would easily be given the particular answers to different questions, so the person changes the route towards the final answer. (Unless anyone got a 'different' final answer than what shows up now) You can only enter once yourself throughout this WHOLE contest (specifically shown) of "Hide & Seek".

...what questions there were now were easy...except the 2nd clue, which really kinda stumped me for about ten minutes until I really looked "IN" to the picture...then it made sense. From there, it was easy since I knew most the anime that existed there.

During the second one I was honesly looking through my favorite anime once I got stumped lol Such as Rurouni Kenshin, Vandread, and old classics (I found Astro Boy's first title "The Atom" - I think it was... lol). It was fun and exciting, hope there will be a lot more in the future that takes time off a person's hand, maybe at least 3 day's time.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:11 pm Reply with quote
AuraShadow wrote:
tempest wrote:
Nebs wrote:

-t

No, no, the people who submitted their answers prior to the last answer being changed will still have valid entries. We had to change the last one to thwart some cheaters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7