• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Kare Kano

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:53 am Reply with quote
I thought the review was very fair and explained the plotline and main focus of this series very well. Having not seen Kare Kano yet myself, I can't really express my opinion on whether or not I enjoyed it personally, but nonetheless -- from what I've just read here, and from what I've heard prior to this about the series, I'm very interested in giving it a try.

No offense to any fans or the actual reviewer, but I cringed at the mere mention of Evangelion. But like I said, I'm quite interested in this anime. Wink
darkpen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:51 pm Reply with quote
That was a pretty fair review, though I think that making a whole synopsis for the first half of the review was unnecessary, but in turn gives the reader a clear idea of what the anime's about, I guess.

Indeed, Kare Kano is an excellent anime, and frankly, I wish it was longer, and had actually finished the story (and gone on to 40 episodes or so), but alas, that was not the case. It made me want to pick up on Kare Kano again, as I had discontinued reading the mangas at the 7th volume. The one thing I found incredibly annoying was the reoccuring story summaries that would repeatedly appear in one form or another sometime half way through the series, which included fillers of things I could care less about (Do I really care about the sisters that much when a juicy plot is going on? Not really, no), which, in turn, wasted episodes.

I mean, sure, there's a lengthy synposis before *each* and *every* *single* *episode*, but that's something I can deal with. The story cutting short of an arc? Not so much.

I'll be reading the manga and picking up the following volumes sometime soon, but I wish that I could've watched it instead.

Also, something I'd like to note was that the english dubbing actually wasn't so bad. I ended up watching the whole series in english after trying out both (and I'm not one to watch anime in english most of the time, either), but I left the subtitles on anyways. I just wish that everything was translated...

In any case, the one highlight of the series that I particularly enjoyed was when Yukino went berserk on Shibahime, especially when Yukino sort of lands in front of Shibahime like she was an Evangelion or something, controlled by Asuka Anime hyper
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:10 am Reply with quote
could not resist to the urge to reply to the article which is said to be "41 years and 2 months old"... Laughing

that said, some reviewers mention this animé as something special... but with a mere "very good" median rating, could this possibly be?..
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:23 am Reply with quote
Firstly, the ratings on encyclopedia entries are not absolute, objective scores. They're merely the individual ratings given to a title by users who have seen it, collected and measured in order to give other users who may be curious about a title a general idea of what others think of it, and whether or not it may be worth their time. It's not a factual measure of a title's quality (opinions being subjective, that sort of thing can never be empirically established), it's simply an accumulation of votes.

Secondly, do not dredge up threads that are four years old.

Lockeroo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1