• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Watered Down Weather

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabeshin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I hear you about the humidity... Ever since I moved to NY last year, even the freakin' subway tunnels cause my clothes to Saran Wrap to me. I thought heat's supposed to rise, not sink!
Evil or Very Mad
Baltimore is way worse though. Between Otakon being such a bad experience and the fact that I couldn't be out in it's air for more than 10 minutes at a time without ducking into an air-conditioned building, I doubt I'd be interested in ever going back.

That said, Cossette is right on the money; that second act though was garbage. Mad

Yugo is definitely an underappreciated series and will probably be overlooked by most for it's dramatic sense, much like Kino's Journey or Master Keaton, which in all cases is a shame. I relate him more to MacGyver than anything, and surprisingly, not all of Yugo's tricks work.

Yumeria... Yeah, I don't jive on the T&A harem shows, but whatever, I liked the kid, at least he wasn't getting punched out every five minutes like with Love Hina... and really, the two little ones were adorable to watch. The story, whatever, right, it got left on the side of the road... which is why I wouldn't make a major investment of my time in it either for that reason.
S&M loliconprex teachers make for some good comedy though. Wink

Moderator Note: Please do not color your text, there's no reason for it.
remember love

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Baltimore is way worse though. Between Otakon being such a bad experience and the fact that I couldn't be out in it's air for more than 10 minutes at a time without ducking into an air-conditioned building, I doubt I'd be interested in ever going back.

I don't know what you talking about I used to live in Maryland and there's hardly any humidity. Where you live in Maine because you have to live somewhere where it's really cooled unless you went to the Baltimore on the year we were having a drought.
But normally Baltimore is nice compared to alot of other states.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:50 pm Reply with quote
remember love wrote:
Quote:

I don't know what you talking about I used to live in Maryland and there's hardly any humidity. Where you live in Maine because you have to live somewhere where it's really cooled unless you went to the Baltimore on the year we were having a drought.

Very Happy You only think there's no humidity because you've never lived anywhere that's bone dry. Baltimore is hell for me every time I go to Otakon. It's not as humid as some places like Galveston *shudder*, but you can definitely feel the water on your skin.

In dry climates, you can just turn on the fan when it gets hot, or duck into the shade. In humid places though, unless you have AC, you're a dead goose, because fans just stir that mugginess around.
remember love

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:59 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
remember love wrote:
Quote:

Very Happy You only think there's no humidity because you've never lived anywhere that's bone dry. Baltimore is hell for me every time I go to Otakon. It's not as humid as some places like Galveston *shudder*, but you can definitely feel the water on your skin.

In dry climates, you can just turn on the fan when it gets hot, or duck into the shade. In humid places though, unless you have AC, you're a dead goose, because fans just stir that mugginess around.

Actually, I have lived in dry climates. I used to live in Arizona too. I lived in alot of areas because my fathers in the military and I'm going into the military myself so I've been around to places. Not to offend you or anything just trying to correct your statement.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Don’t even get me started on the summer I spent living in Galveston! I wanted to murder things and cook them for supper, I was so depressed.
That and the bloody steak part... =^_*=m
I'm really hoping to get my copy of Cossette soon, it sounds so intriguing.

Oh, and I really understand you about that humidity part. I was overseas once, and the city was unbearable. I had a bottle of cold water on me, and the water in the air kept on condensing on it and dripping, like my bottle was leaking or something. Craziness.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:57 pm Reply with quote
remember love wrote:

Actually, I have lived in dry climates. I used to live in Arizona too. I lived in alot of areas because my fathers in the military and I'm going into the military myself so I've been around to places. Not to offend you or anything just trying to correct your statement.

; ) Nuts. You were able to defend yourself. No offense taken whatsoever. Very Happy
Nabeshin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:01 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
remember love wrote:

; ) Nuts. You were able to defend yourself. No offense taken whatsoever. Very Happy

Heh! Dont'cha hate that when someeone's able to do that? Laughing
I live in NYC, Rem. But I come from Chicago, where we have our share of humidity, but its a drop in the bucket compared to Baltimore.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3