• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight Summer 2013 - The List

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:15 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
I don't think you are worth the time it would take, that is why I won't. Do it yourself, if it's that important to you. Very Happy

That's fine. Just don't expect me or anyone else who has functioning brain cells to even entertain the idea that your (or anyone else') sh#t&y argument has any validity to it, nor be surprised when people take you (or anyone else who is making an unsupported argument) to task for it. Very Happy
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:17 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Konata is an idealistic fantasy, Kuroki is the reality. She's disgusting, anxious, social poison, and not really a good person at heart. Guess that makes her so endearing.

Bulls#@t that is full of generalizations and stereotypes. Nice job pal. Rolling Eyes
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I think a lot of people look at WataMote and see a ridiculously long name and a plot summary about a girl with no friends and assume it's going to be like Haganai or Yahari Ore, or maybe TWGOK. The reactions once people see the actual show should be hilarious.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
I think a lot of people look at WataMote and see a ridiculously long name and a plot summary about a girl with no friends and assume it's going to be like Haganai or Yahari Ore, or maybe TWGOK. The reactions once people see the actual show should be hilarious.

Trust me I know what I'm in store for but as you stated people are going to expect that type of series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Shiratori1 wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
I don't think you are worth the time it would take, that is why I won't. Do it yourself, if it's that important to you. Very Happy

That's fine. Just don't expect me or anyone else who has functioning brain cells to even entertain the idea that your (or anyone else') sh#t&y argument has any validity to it, nor be surprised when people take you (or anyone else who is making an unsupported argument) to task for it. Very Happy

It wasn't really my(or even your) argument in the first place. ROFL.

...you are kind of stalker-ish, aren't you? ..... creepy
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:43 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Shiratori1 wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

It wasn't really my(or even your) argument in the first place. ROFL.

No it wasn't (which is why I said "or anyone else" and "or anyone else who is making an unsupported argument" (guess you missed that)). It was yuna49's comment, which, based on that fact, this post, and your previous posts related to that argument (which you indicated isn't even yours), you have succeeded in making fun of/ making an a*& out of yourself (ROFL to that!). Rolling Eyes

Quote:
...you are kind of stalker-ish, aren't you? ..... creepy

Character assassinations..........the typical knee-jerk response made by individuals who have nothing of substance to say to people who happen to disagree with them within the confines of a debate or argument (why am I not surprised?). Rolling Eyes
Meygaera

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:

Yea like what the Spotlight says "super-negative" comic series. The manga, while outwardly funny playful with its humor, simultaneously portrays the sad truthfulness of her situation in a dark satirical manner. It's so accurate at times that we as readers often remember moments near identical to hers in our own past that it really hits us hard in the feels.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Some of you need to tone it down a bit. It's getting to be a bit too personal and a bit too heated at this point. You can disagree with each other, but are expected to do so in a respectful and civil manner, as the rules state. The attacks and insults are not necessary and will not be tolerated in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jymmy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Meygaera wrote:
It's so accurate at times that we as readers often remember moments near identical to hers in our own past that it really hits us hard in the feels.

Speak for yourself. It's perfectly possible to feel empathy without personal familiarity.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Objection!

How could the world have been abandoned 15 years ago if Ai-chan is 12 years old? Nobody is able to reproduce anymore, right? I've been scanning through the characters' information, but it seems they're already revealing quite a lot about them which hasn't been revealed in the first eppie.

Other than that, I enjoyed the first episode of Sunday without God / Kamisama no inai nichijoubi and I'm interested to see where this is going.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Detective Mayako wrote:
Though, honestly, the thing I am tired of most in anime is plots centered around the "good versus evil" dynamic, and after I had a waterboarding's worth of Devil Survivor 2 this past season I'm not sure I could take another like that. Hopefully Day Break Illusion will be something more intricate.

I'm just asking from a neutral standpoint here, but how exactly do you classify Devil Survivor 2 as good versus evil? The show had a lot of gray areas about morals and authority, as well as themes like emotions versus logic.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:02 pm Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
Objection!

How could the world have been abandoned 15 years ago if Ai-chan is 12 years old? Nobody is able to reproduce anymore, right? I've been scanning through the characters' information, but it seems they're already revealing quite a lot about them which hasn't been revealed in the first eppie.

I pointed that out back when the series was first announced as green-lit and a similar synopsis was posted. I opined that such an obvious conflict had to be a major plot point.

There is also the fact that if you read the various articles that have been posted on ANN about the series, people can't die, but they can be "killed" and be "dead". Perhaps people just continue as walking corpses (think intelligent zombies that don't have a strange hunger for human flesh). Certainly the one character that is noted as "always has a smell of strong perfume" hints as something like that.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:33 pm Reply with quote
@TheAncientOne: That must indeed be a plot thingy then Wink. Must avoid being spoiled further, because I have a feeling I'll love this series.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:26 pm Reply with quote
The japanese characters for Blood Lad are stylized like Durarara!! is.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:28 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:

There is also the fact that if you read the various articles that have been posted on ANN about the series, people can't die, but they can be "killed" and be "dead". Perhaps people just continue as walking corpses (think intelligent zombies that don't have a strange hunger for human flesh). Certainly the one character that is noted as "always has a smell of strong perfume" hints as something like that.

Wait.

Then the reason Anna wears so much damn perfume is because spoiler[she's a walking corpse?]

Oh SHIT, how did I not notice that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10