• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion Female Angels

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:58 pm Reply with quote
This is low, even for Gainax. Put of a figurine of a half-naked girl who resembles an alien and/or mech and otakus are sure to slobber all over it.
Depression

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I am a little surprised that so many people on this site are just eating this up. I just see it as pathetic ploy by Gainax to squeeze yet yen out of Evangelion that they can. All they are some half naked girls that are dressed up as the Angels. And have nothing to do with the series or the story, but are just a mere after market gimmick.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Trust me, I'm sure there are more then just a handful of people that agree. As cute as they are, I didn't need any more Evangelion stuff. I happy with just the snap togather models.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Come on, there are official Gainax Eva hentai calenders, this is hardly "low even for Gainax".

I still don't understand why people give them a hard time for making merchandise for an old series when the demand is still there. That's not "sad", that's how you make money and stay in business. I don't see why making the fans happy is suddenly a terrible thing when it's Gainax making merchandise for Eva. Even if this concept is a little far out, if enough fans like it, I don't see why they're so terrible for making it.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:13 pm Reply with quote
^^; I think they're really adorable. Sure, it's a marketing gimmick, but gosh, they're cute. I'd buy them.
xanbcoo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. The first two seem kinda...uninspired...They look almost exactly the same.

The Kaworu one isn't bad though. Wrong, but not bad.

abunai wrote:
You know... this doesn't surprise me, at all. It completely matches up to every single prejudice I have about Evangelion and its fans...

- abunai

Crying or Very sad

...but yeah. Useless gimmick. Won't be dropping any money/time on these.
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:01 pm Reply with quote
*blink blink* ok that's funky....especially with Tabris...I'm surprized they didn't use that design instead of the male one...it would of made more sense to me than it did originally.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:21 pm Reply with quote
So where does Gainax fit in with God's plan for us?
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Sure, they're cute and kind of interesting. But why do Sachiel-XX and Zeruel-XX both have the same clueless expression on their faces, as well as the same pose?

It'll be interesting if they try to convert some of the angels who aren't remotely humanoid to girl form, like spoiler[Ramiel (the big diamond), Iroul (the computer virus), or Almisael (the giant ring of light)].
Doctor Worm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:04 am Reply with quote
As long as we finally get new volumes of the manga, I don't care what else Gainax does (for the most part at least). Razz
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:28 am Reply with quote
You know what? Why don't they just go ahead and make another tv series? Use references from different fanfics, make a bunch of music videos, or just build a tv drama around it on the WB. I really don't care anymore.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:14 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
You know what? Why don't they just go ahead and make another tv series? Use references from different fanfics, make a bunch of music videos, or just build a tv drama around it on the WB. I really don't care anymore.

Sounds like a plan! lol.

Seriously though, if you didn't care, why did you even bother saying anything. btw, I think the idea of the female angels is a great idea, it's exactly what the fans (including me) want. I don't see how its a bad idea in any way.
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:49 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
It would be interesting if GAINAX created a TV or OVA series based on these girls. Twisted Evil

That would be hilarious. We should seriously petition for that.
Shale

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:51 am Reply with quote
My soul hurts now. And yes, I'm an Eva fan. That doesn't make the idea of a pantsless female Sachiel any less wrong.
Bahamut God

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:55 am Reply with quote
I'd like to see spin off tv series... I liked eva, so I'd like to see more Eva. Also, I don't buy figurines.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6