• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion Female Angels

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mufurc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:43 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
It would be interesting if GAINAX created a TV or OVA series based on these girls.

Gah. As much as I dislike Evangelion, no show deserves the "Mave-chan" treatment. (*shudders* My poor, poor jets.)

Necros Antiquor wrote:
It'll be interesting if they try to convert some of the angels who aren't remotely humanoid to girl form,

No humanoid form - even less need for clothes!

Eh, Gainax. Rolling Eyes
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:35 am Reply with quote
DELETED.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:33 am; edited 2 times in total
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:04 am Reply with quote
The models are very cute, even if it is to sell more stuff, EVERYTHING anime/manga companies do is to sell more stuff.

-Gabe
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
The Xenos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:47 am Reply with quote
Ok, yes, i know Gainax whore themselves out to sell anything, but this is rather weird even for them. Plus having Kaoru as a girl is downright.. well just WTF? I wonder if any fanboy thinking that's hot is gonna question his sexuality as he is finding Karou hot.

I'll stick with my plushie of Rei in a Sachiel suit thankyouverymuch.

-Xenos
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:25 am Reply with quote
I really like the Sachiel design, because that Angel is memorable to me from the series...

But the other one doesn't do much for me, and the one of Kaworu is just stupid fanservice.

Ah well. =/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
xSUiT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Wow I guess I need more than one word. I think it sucks even though I'm an EVA fan. I just don't see the point in that. I mean personally I'd rather see some more FLCL stuff but that's not even relevent. Oh other than that the comment about fanboys questioning their sexuality cause of female Karou(SP?) is funny!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tribblewing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Technically, angels don't have sex, cause they're sexless and have no need to reproduce. They might *get* sex, but that's not for my imagination to decide.

I think the female version of Kaworu is cute. There's nothing wrong with Kaworu as a girl. I still like him as a guy, but it's still Kaworu anyway.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, I got a chance to take a look at them.

They're nice but eh, some work some don't. Well, that's just my opinion.

So I'm not impressed. Though I do like Mine's art.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
cyrax777 wrote:
heh will go great next to my os-tan...figures.

OS What?! Oh, me wanty.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS_Girls

all this talk about female kauro reminds me of the funnest dojins I saw in a long time essnetly a What If? "What If Shinji Was a girl?"

yes a female shinji. god that was funny.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:00 pm Reply with quote
That graphic of Tabris reminds me of Ruri from Nedesico.
Andromeda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Actually, I think the idea is really fun, but I'm a little disappointed with how it turned out. Maybe I just don't like the style of the artist they chose.. should've gotten Sadamoto. Hell, I would love to try anthropomorphize the angels.. it'd be really fun to draw.

H*** yes. I'm a complete Sadamoto fangirl. Very Happy See, if HE designed them, I'd be almost sure to buy them at the next con I went to (I know a lot of good specialty shops that have lots of Japanese model imports and do the rounds at a lot of cons here). He's the whole reason I buy the manga (because as a whole, Eva + me = "meh. It's OK.". Actually, seeing the fans' analyzations of it is more fun than the series for me... except when it comes to the manga. Anime hyper OMGSADAMOTO-SAN!!!11 [/shameless fangirling] Actually, I think the way the plot and pacing are handled in the manga are a little better, or at least I like them better. But the art...! *fangirly swoon*).

Ataru: H*** yes! Very Happy I love the snap-together sets! I have a little Misato one that is just gorgeous (I feel weird being a woman and having an urge to look at her butt all the time because the way the skirt is modeled, you can actually see the way her rear/hips are tilted and it looks so perfect. Shocked The detail! In something like four inches tall... wow. Admittedly, though, I do consider it more of an inexpensive sculpture than a toy... which you pretty much have to, with those, since they don't move and aren't cuddle-able Wink But still. Misato sits with my magnificiant Edward Elric and random old-video-game-few-have-heard-of figures, or will, once I find her feet. Embarassed ).

You know, this isn't as cheap or bizarre as you might think; I've personally seen Rei Ayanami "wedding" dolls at cons. No joke. In a wedding dress. Confused Bzuh? I mean,. uniforms, bathing suits, plugsuits... those I can understand, but a wedding dress? She's fourteen, for one! And.. it just... I mean, I can never find any images when I try to Google it, it seems, but if you ever see one... they're just so... WEIRD. If she didn't have blue hair and red eyes, you'd never know it was an Eva toy at all. Laughing

Screw a TV series based on these figures, though - you know what would be more interesting? A Girlfriend of Steel anime. Wink

Speaking of which, why the heck hasn't GoS been licensed yet? I've heard all sorts of good things about it, and while the art ain't Sadamoto (*fangirl swoon*), it looks pretty. I heard there was a game, though, at some point. Which we'll also probably never get, let alone for PC (don't have a console, don't want one Razz).

...official hentai calenders, though? No weirder than the Rei Ayanami wedding figure, but... well, I shouldn't be surprised, should I.

What KIND of hentai? *is just curious if it's actual pr0n or just sexy poses*

Hee, I remember meeting Matt Greenfeild at a con once, and during the Eva panel, somebody asked when he thought Gainax would "stop putting out Eva [stuff/product, can't remember the exact term he used]".

Matt's response?

"Never."

Wink

-Andromeda
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
psipsy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:05 pm Reply with quote
So, um... Where to begin. Oh yeah...

One theory that jumped in my head a moment ago was that perhaps they're getting kickbacks from doujinshi circles or something along those lines.

The only thing that puzzles me is that it took them this long to pull this stunt. I mean, there have been all the Rei and Asuka figures in various dress and undress for the past bunch of years, with no signs of stopping, and that's the tip of the iceberg. And you know, 10 years from now, they'll still be churning out Eva goods. And this may be just the beginning. As unsavory as it may sound, I predict the ENTIRE cast of characters will eventually get the same treatment.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:30 pm Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:

He does have Nadia's eyes. Wink

Quote:
I predict the ENTIRE cast of characters will eventually get the same treatment.

That reminds me of the Eva Strip Mahjong game and accompanying artbook ... Gendo .... gah. Didn't wanna look at that again anytime soon.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
cyrax777 wrote:

He does have Nadia's eyes. Wink

Quote:
I predict the ENTIRE cast of characters will eventually get the same treatment.

That reminds me of the Eva Strip Mahjong game and accompanying artbook ... Gendo .... gah. Didn't wanna look at that again anytime soon.
irc wasnt he just in boxers?

Yeah Gainex King of Milking there properties. But hey If people are willing to by it id do it do if I was them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Shirasagi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
That graphic of Tabris reminds me of Ruri from Nedesico.

Yeah, I was just thinking that myself. Laughing They'd probably create twin girls if they did one for Israfel.

I'm wondering why they're doing the Angels and not the EVAs - or have the EVAs-as-anime-girls thing already been done?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6