• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ro-Kyu-Bu! (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Ro-Kyu-Bu!

Plot:
Quote:
Subaru Hasegawa is a high school freshman, he joins the basketball team but soon finds out the team is inactive because the captain is being suspected as a lolicon. He miraculously is entangled with the job of being the coach of an elementary school's basketball team. With these girls and their love for basketball Subaru can only take them so far.

Right, didn't think I would need to start a discussion thread, but I just wanted to say that the OVA is out. Just like the first season, plenty of awkward fan service to go around. Tomoka spoiler[got some tutoring] while the other 4 spoiler[come up with an idea for a dessert]. Hijinks a plenty at the Hasegawa residence. Oh, and we get to meet Tomoka's spoiler[hot Mom]

Last edited by getchman on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:59 pm Reply with quote
I could have sworn there was a thread on this. Anyway I can't wait for the 2nd season to start in July. Basketball and lolis doubles the fun. Only in anime would a mom strip her daughter in front of a guy. Very Happy
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:00 am Reply with quote
Somehow I suspect the ladies were discussing wedding ideas behind their children's backs.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:21 am Reply with quote
Tomoka's mother looked surprisingly nice, but her daughter is still the hottest in the OVA.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:05 am Reply with quote
that's fine, you take the primary school girl, I'll take the MILF
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:57 am Reply with quote
I sure will. Though it's hard to choose, since I should probably leave Mokkan to Subaru.
Hina is the cutest, so I think I'll just pick her as my favorite after Tomoka.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:11 am Reply with quote
I'll take Airi then, thanks.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:34 am Reply with quote
I am on team Tomoka.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:36 am Reply with quote
I am on team Tomoka. It is hard not to like characters played by Kana Hanazawa the most.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote
OVA

I too thought we had a thread about this, but searches brought up nothing else.

The loli basketball anime, as per normal with this series I on a basic level know I should be appalled at the blatant sexualised situation that the young girls are placed in, but I can't help but smile and enjoy it while I am watching. Many parts are quite obvious but still fun, like that Saki would be a spoiler[fujoshi], that his spoiler[mum would come in at that moment], that the spoiler[milk would end up spilled on one of them], and that they spoiler[forgot Mihoshi]. Also I don't think I have seen a spoiler[shellfish] do that before, usually that is left up to spoiler[tentacle] creatures, actually one happened this week In Muromi-san alone.

As for the above talk of the cutest (or whatever), Hina is the cutest although it can come across as an act or something, wasn't that like a plot of last season. Although personal favourite would be Airi, for being the loli that does not count as a loli. Together they are an unholy mass of cuteness.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:28 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
As for the above talk of the cutest (or whatever), Hina is the cutest although it can come across as an act or something, wasn't that like a plot of last season.
As I recall, the plot was that Hina's sister spoiler[blamed herself for Hina's retarded development because she fell asleep and left her stuck in the cold for hours].
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:47 pm Reply with quote
The OVA was pretty bad imo. Then of course, I didn't really expect much out of it. A few of the moments were hilarious though and Hinata-chan was cute as hell.

Regarding the first episode of Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS, it was okay. I liked OP song from season 1 more though. Oh and I see spoiler[some rivals in the OP song along with a new girl at the end. I think she's from France maybe? (her uniform)]

Anyways, I wonder how skilled she is at basketball. Inb4 match next time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:36 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 1

I like the new ED song, not that the OP is bad, but first season's OP is probably better, probably iconic enough that they felt the need to suddenly play it in the middle of this episode.

So this season will have rivals, sounds good to me. It looked like they were going to do some big plot of Tomoka having to stop luckily we don't have to worry about that, it would have been to cliché to extend.

Removing the sugar coating, we all know this is a lolicon anime, and I had a discussion from another thread on my mind, so I had myself wondering about the obvious romance blossoming between Subaru and Tomoka. And I don't think it has quite crossed any lines yet, I doubt they would really do anything, but Tomoka is flirting with him, although it is not quite unrealistic a girl around her age might have a crush on someone like him. Although his enthusiasm had me smiling a little awkwardly this time.

You can't take my loli basketball anime away.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:53 pm Reply with quote
When Tomoka was called in to see her dad I thought she's be told they'd be moving again, but that's usually a storyline they do at the end of a season...

And obviously Tomoka is crushing pretty hard on Subaru. One of my favourites tropes is the Precocious Crush because, well, just look at how adorable it is.

While I don't think Subaru views her that way, there are times where I think he should be more immune to some of the compromising situations he finds himself in.

Of course some one did take a picture of him with Saki. That'll cause problems, especially because of why his basketball team was suspended in the first place.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:53 pm Reply with quote
it was a good start and that fountain scene was hilariously over the top.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4