• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ro-Kyu-Bu! (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Getchman please add Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS to the title and first post. Japan vs France next week.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Or say both seasons.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:08 am Reply with quote
There was a lot of stuff in this episode. It felt longer than 20 minutes but that's not a bad thing.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:58 pm Reply with quote
when it focuses just on the basketball part, the show is really good. I do hope we get more Nayu and Ginga moments
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 2

I was pretty much expecting Mimi to be a dark counterpart to Tomoka, and would beat Tomoka and force her to improve, kind of what happens in magical girl anime. spoiler[But Tomoka won, and Mimi did not really seem bad at all, and then Mimi got all of the rivals of the girls to form a team], which all happen to be one year younger. And our main girls spoiler[are still winning through better teamwork and experience].

Looking at the team, Mimi seems to be a mix counterpart of Tomoka and Hina, which really are the two most popular characters, feels kind of like a trick. Kagetsu, unsurprisingly, is a kind of counterpart of Airi, she has the height thing going. and the others just like to stick to their rivals. I actually wonder if spoiler[instead they two teams will join].
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 3
Whoa is it just me or does the OST of this series seems to have improved? Otherwise, okay episode although I expected their match a little bit later. Well rather I do expect a rematch later on so I guess it's all good for now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:49 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 3

That Hina sure is.... I can't think of the right word, but the video I watched kept having the picture periodically freeze, and it just so happened to decide to freeze when spoiler[she was on his lap]. It was too much to take, the cuteness captured my attention and I was overcome by the feeling that I might get close to a nosebleed. But I am not a pervert, I swear.

Subaru, you thick headed harem male lead.

I took note that the ED does in fact change per episode, this one had the 5th years and such spoiler[eating ice cream]. Also I thought that it was quite awkward that I only just realized that the line "spoiler[Elementary schoolers are the best]". Isn't that exactly what he was afraid of?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Lol anyone know which fansub has been trolling? 2 weeks ago they released basically a hentai version of the episode and this week's episode had the NFL Sunday night opening song and the Spongebob sweet victory song as the ending song.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:37 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 6

I changed videos when I realised the subbers were trolling.

Can't be a camp/fieldtrip without Subaru and Natsuhi spoiler[trying to sneakily return some panties]. Subaru ended up in a very dangerous situation; spoiler[mega accidental bath spying].

Where has that white haired teacher been this whole time, why could they not have her dynamics up till now. Couldn't find her name in this season's MAL article, but based off last season she is Touko Hatano, I must have forgotten about her.

Hina in incredibly oversized clothes. Anime hyper
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:53 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Season 2, Episode 6

I changed videos when I realised the subbers were trolling.

LOL, I noticed that before as well.

Anyways, latest episode had a lot of face palm worthy moments in my book. Ah, Aoi-chan....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quote
yeah, NBA is the troll group. go with asenshi-doremi for regular subs.

that whole sequence with thespoiler[ panties] was hilarious, and that random guy was also on the train ride back home

half an ova and recap next week just doesn't make any sense.

DuskyPredator wrote:
Season 2, Episode 6

Where has that white haired teacher been this whole time, why could they not have her dynamics up till now. Couldn't find her name in this season's MAL article, but based off last season she is Touko Hatano, I must have forgotten about her.

she showed up last season to provide us with the nicknames for each girl
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote
There is a fansub group called NBA? Lol why didn't they use a Nba song then.
Bango

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quote
I had some eps of s2 sitting around and completely forgot to watch them.

I love this show so much. I'm usually not into sports anime but I recently found that I love "short" sports animes that don't dwell on things for too long and character-driven stuff. Other well-liked ones include Bamboo Blade and Saki which both also follow this trend.

Despite ep4 apparently being filmed on Quickman's stage the exchange in the gym between the siblings was really sweet and felt very natural.

Looking forward to catching up but it'll have to wait. I'm glad I didn't see that troll sub first but I kind of wish I'd seen it after. I might go looking for it because they can be funny sometimes. One subber of s1 was moronic enough to call Subaru Cybil. Though if my name were Cybil and I went to Japan I'd likely let them call me Subaru. I already had to just let everyone call me "Jo" because there was no way in hell they could pronounce my actual name.

EDIT: If Airi's weight machine is divided like mine is then she's lifting 35lbs. Pretty hefty for a grade 6 girl. Maybe her and Seira from Il Sole could aim for Deceptively Ms. Universe together.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote
No new episode this week. The latest episode is a spoiler[recap/complication] of the OVA + parts from the first half of this series.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:53 pm Reply with quote
yup. completely unnecessary
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4