• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Reading Between the Lines

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:24 am Reply with quote
Lady Multi wrote:
"self justifing bollox"
And if you did the same you would see that the law is called "Copyright Infringment" which doesn't limit itself to making a profit. but is all about the act of copying someone elses work and distributing that work to anyone else without the authors permission whether for profit, or not. Theft of the author's intellectual property and that author's right to earn a living from it. No matter how often you plaster it with glitter it's basically theft pure and simple. Now you may not turn round that fansub and P2P it for someone else to enjoy, but the fact that you DLed it from someone who did, makes you an accessory to the crime. And it is a crime. Not a Capital crime granted, but a crime non-the-less and is judged so, otherwise there would be no need for a Copyright law in the first place. Rolling Eyes
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:29 am Reply with quote
Okay, I'm locking this, it's gone on long enough.

For the most part it's degenerated from a discussion about the issue (reading more into a statement than was actually there) to a generic discussion about fansubs.

Most people are being polite and logical about it, but no one is really making any points that haven't been made on the forum hundreds of times before. Whatsmore I see no openesss for concession, so there really isn't any point...

-t
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12