• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hayao Miyazaki Denies That The Wind Rises Is His Final Work

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Miyazaki needs to just stop with this "I'm quitting, I'm not". I mean how many times has he stated that he may be moving on and then BAM he's back. He isn't going anywhere. It's like "The Hand", never letting go once it grabs you. Laughing
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Keep sucking on those cancer sticks and that won't be long mate. Rolling Eyes
aoi yuuki fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:

lol. your avatar and this post... Laughing
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:29 am Reply with quote
Kerberous wrote:
yotsubafanfan wrote:
This guy just doesn't give up, I truly admire and respect him, not only as a fellow artist but as a Human being, God bless Mr. Miyazaki and I can't wait to see your next work!

Treating your family like crap is apparently a good thing.

He never treated his family like crap. He never had time for them, that's what the problem was. Please make a more informed statement next time. His son Goro and his wife have stated many times that they were sad that he could barely ever be around them, but when he was he was a genuinely kind man to be around. He's simply a man who got so tied up in his work that he forgot about everything else. At least if you work all the time you might as well be doing something you love like he is. So yeah, he's my hero as well. And for good reason.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:33 am Reply with quote
Jose Cruz wrote:
acejem wrote:
There is a successor to Hayao Miyazaki, but it's not in Studio Ghibli. It's Mamoru Hosoda from Studio Chizu (who formerly produced his movies in Madhouse)

Pretty much. Hosoda is the most critically acclaimed anime director working right now (his body of work over the last decade has also been more critically acclaimed than Miyazaki's).

"His body of work over the last decade has also been more critically acclaimed than Miyazaki's." Miyazaki's body of work? You mean Ponyo and Howl's? Because those are the only films he's done in the last decade. And last time I checked they were critically hailed. About just as much as Hosoda's work.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:37 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:

Well it actually may interest you that he has said that he goes to the hospital apparently every month to get check ups to make sure he's healthy. Well, if he's going to smoke that much at least he's being smart about it. But he's no different than half of the other anime directors out there. I'm always seeing them smoke cigarettes while working.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2