• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
thanks for the CN editing interview

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShockWave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Hey all,

I just wanted to thank Kyle Pope and all for the interview with Jason Demarco, Sr. It was fascinating to hear the what, why and how that determine their decisions. In the past, I have had little luck seeing what goes on behind the Tekwood curtain at CN, and I have always been curious.

So thanks!
Animan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 7:51 pm Reply with quote
And I second the compliments. Good job, guys.
Vicious

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 1:42 am Reply with quote
I'll third it. And fourth it to, sinse it was just that good :)
Ramen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I have to agree that the article was awesome! Interestingly enough, I was watching CN today and saw a Bugs Bunny cartoon in which there were gangsters and they were using machine guns and pistols. I guess the "no guns" rule doesn't apply when a talking rabbit and duck are involved :D I guess it would be wierd to have Elmer hunting rabbit with a blaster rifle, hehe.

"Watch young jedi, I'm hunting wabbit!"
dudesup

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2002 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Yea that article was really cool. Very Happy
anime uncut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:14 am Reply with quote
Ramen wrote:

I was watching CN today and saw a Bugs Bunny cartoon in which there were gangsters and they were using machine guns and pistols.

Yosemity Sam uses them all the time, but since no-one actually gets shot, it's ok.
Marven the martian uses a laser pistol, but he never gets killed when he's shot "You're making me very very angry."
Wile E. Coyote and Tom from "Tom And Jerry" never get seriously hurt, even when they fall from a great distance, and when Elmer Fudd shoots Daffy Duck, you either see his bill on the ground (still talking for getting around the severed body parts rule), his face gets burned, or his feathers fly off "Fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency."
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 12:44 pm Reply with quote
anime uncut wrote:

Yosemity Sam uses them all the time, but since no-one actually gets shot, it's ok.
Marven the martian uses a laser pistol, but he never gets killed when he's shot "You're making me very very angry."
Wile E. Coyote and Tom from "Tom And Jerry" never get seriously hurt, even when they fall from a great distance, and when Elmer Fudd shoots Daffy Duck, you either see his bill on the ground (still talking for getting around the severed body parts rule), his face gets burned, or his feathers fly off "Fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency."

Tell that to the parents that actally had to the hosptial becasue little Billy hit little Tommy with a frying pan. It's mostly because of stuff like this why censorship is in place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
anime uncut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:

anime uncut wrote:

Tell that to the parents who actually had to go to the hospital because little Billy hit little Tommy with a frying pan. It's mostly because of stuff like this why censorship is in place.

I don't think many kids have anvils, but many have a good sense of aggresion they get out through cartoons and comic-books.
I'm sure there's a person out there we'd all like to drop an anvil on, like how Yacko, Wacko, and Dot does.
If it weren't for "Woody Woodpecker" and "Baby Huey" (from "Harvey and Friends"), I wouldn't know what an atomic wedgy was.
The Ghostly Trio in "Casper The Friendly Ghost" was also pretty violent, but children over the age of 5, can seperate fantasy and reality.
Notice Popeye doesn't fight until Bluto starts it.
Even Charles Atlas got even with the kids who kicked sand in the nerd's face.

You'd have to go all the way back to "Jetsons", "The Hanna Barbara Hour", "Dennis The Menace", "Flintstones", "Tom and Jerry", "Popeye", "Betty Boop", "Mighty Mouse", "Snuffy Smith", "Crazy Cat and Ignatz Mouse", "King Productions", and "Barny Google".
I think I missed some, but you get the idea.

Last edited by anime uncut on Thu Mar 14, 2002 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 6:23 pm Reply with quote
anime uncut wrote:

I don't think many kids have anvils, but many have a good sense of aggresion they get out through cartoons and comic-books.
I'm sure there's a person out there we'd all like to drop an anvil on, like how Yacko, Wacko, and Dot does.

You misunderstand my point. I sure your avarge kid can lift an anvil, but they can easly throw knifes, shot guns, hit each other with a baseball bat, etc, etc, etc, etc. Sure most of us, myself include grow up with the Warners and Disney, but keep in mind, sure it's fantasy with talking animals or human beings, some children think that a good way to get back at a friend or sibling.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
anime uncut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:

Sure, most of us (myself included) grew up with the Warners and Disney, but keep in mind, it's a fantasy world with violent talking animals and humans some children think is a good way to get back at a friend or sibling.

Corrected English and grammar aside (no offence), I still say the media doesn't cause events in the child's surroundings.
The times they (we) live in effect the media.

It sounds like you speak from experience.
Is that correct?
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 12:44 am Reply with quote
anime uncut wrote:

Corrected English and grammar aside (no offence), I still say the media doesn't cause events in the child's surroundings.
The times they (we) live in effect the media.

It sounds like you speak from experience.
Is that correct?

Razz True, CNN is more voilent then CN at times. You can say that, kind of. o_o
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1