• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shows Watched Per Year

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How much anime (TV, OVAs, Specials, and Movies) do you watch per year?
1-20
39%
 39%  [ 44 ]
21-40
16%
 16%  [ 19 ]
41-60
17%
 17%  [ 20 ]
61-80
8%
 8%  [ 10 ]
81-100
7%
 7%  [ 8 ]
101+
9%
 9%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 112

lilredphoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:17 am Reply with quote
On average I may spend an hour or two a night watching anime and on the weekend it may be a bit more this would include sometimes having a marathon and completing several series in a weekend, having over 500+ titles and 1800+ volumes and counting I think on average anywhere in the 40-60 range for me a year.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I went with 41-60 including rewatches. Based on the number of titles completed and the years involved (end of 2003 to present) the average of new shows would be a bit lower but there will always be some rewatching. Also, I do at least sample some of the new shows throughout the year.

Besides, I know I'm going to watch Lucky Star several times a year, and now that I have all 3 seasons of Hidamari Sketch to rewatch once or twice a year...

Yeah, my backlog will never be slain.
Mylene

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:32 am Reply with quote
Since I started watching anime 14 years ago, I've completed 189 series/movies/etc and started but not yet finished another 52. That averages to around 17 per year, although a lot of those were watched from about 2001-2006. 2006 to 2010 was a very slow point in anime viewing for me, but with a subscription to CrunchyRoll and a decision to quit just mindlessly refreshing forums, my 2011 viewing rate has increased.

Graduate school, new jobs, and manga-reading were part of the reason for the slow down for several years.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I've been watching anime for about 4 years, and only completed 120 series, OVAs and movies. I am a university student, and just don't have the time to watch dozens of 26 episode shows a year. Not much that's currently being aired actually appeals to me (this season is a rare exception) so I mainly catch up on older shows.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:38 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
I've been watching anime for about 4 years, and only completed 120 series, OVAs and movies. I am a university student, and just don't have the time to watch dozens of 26 episode shows a year. Not much that's currently being aired actually appeals to me (this season is a rare exception) so I mainly catch up on older shows.

Yup I hear ya, I managed to absorb my fair share of anime while I was in elementary school (started watching anime when I was in gr. 3), but ever since I entered uni I barely get through one 13 episode series every 6 months--no time nor desire when Im super tired Sad
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Whether I'm employed or unemployed over the past several years, I've been able to plow through well over 100 anime titles per year. I make use of sites like MyAnimeList.net and Mikomi to track what titles I watch. It takes me well over six months normally to cream through 100 titles, depending on episode length and the formats of which titles I watch.

As of this post, MAL has my total viewing time of anime to be at over 230 days. Unless I run into a shortage of titles I can think of watching, I don't picture my current viewing rate going down anytime soon. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to call this a completely random guess, but I'd say around 20. I watch maybe two shows per month at the most, so that would be 24, but I know during some months I don't necessarily watch two shows. I've been working to improve this to maybe 3 shows a month. But I also read manga, and I'm more likely to re-read manga too (it's why my cardinal rule for keeping stuff is "would I rewatch/redread this?" and it's perhaps why my anime collection is much smaller than others considering I've been going for 10 years now). I like to re-read manga at night before bed where I already know the story and thus don't need to concentrate as hard to get everything, but doing that with anime doesn't work quite as well somehow (even though I'm sure I'm up for at least a half hour reading manga, I can't justify it for anime because it involves a screen).
I think the only thing I watch yearly though is my between xmas eve and new year's viewing of Tokyo Godfathers. Or earlier if I need to get in the xmas spirit.
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:35 am Reply with quote
I loved animes very much that I watched them almost every time...Thank you...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2