• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Big GIANT Halloween Contest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Jiffy wrote:
When you post the winners of the contest, where can we go to see them?

You'll know. It'll be on the front page.
dmusicat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Front page news! So, any idea as to when that'll be? (I just want to stop checking my computer obsessively every few hours.)

And did you take the GREs? How did they go?
remember love

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:44 am Reply with quote
dmusicat wrote:
Awesome! Front page news! So, any idea as to when that'll be? (I just want to stop checking my computer obsessively every few hours.)

Would you stop pressuring her lol. And to make myself look like an idiot what are GREs?

p.s. I'm out of highschool so don't think of me as a young child because I don't know what GREs are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:29 am Reply with quote
remember love wrote:
dmusicat wrote:

Would you stop pressuring her lol. And to make myself look like an idiot what are GREs?

p.s. I'm out of highschool so don't think of me as a young child because I don't know what GREs are.

They'll be out... uh..... tomorrow...? ^^;; We're scrambling getting the contest page ready to showcase all the pumpkins.

My GREs went very well, but now I'm scrambling to study for my GRE subject test on Saturday (biology, yay ;p)

The GRE is the Graduate Record Exam. Basically, it's the SAT... only to get into grad school. Just like the SATs, it comes in two forms, the general test (verbal and quantitive, out of 800 each, with two essays), and subject tests (much like the SAT IIs). In order to get into most PhD programs (and maybe Masters? I don't actually know), general GREs are required, and at least one subject test.
remember love

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:01 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
remember love wrote:
dmusicat wrote:

They'll be out... uh..... tomorrow...? ^^;; We're scrambling getting the contest page ready to showcase all the pumpkins.

My GREs went very well, but now I'm scrambling to study for my GRE subject test on Saturday (biology, yay ;p)

The GRE is the Graduate Record Exam. Basically, it's the SAT... only to get into grad school. Just like the SATs, it comes in two forms, the general test (verbal and quantitive, out of 800 each, with two essays), and subject tests (much like the SAT IIs). In order to get into most PhD programs (and maybe Masters? I don't actually know), general GREs are required, and at least one subject test.

Oh...I took the sats but I didn't bother studying for them so I did bad on mine lol. But didn't matter I decided to join the military anyways and had to take ASVABs...which I did study for and did do good on (apparantly studying does matter)and I leave for basic military training dec. 13 for the Air Force.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Gamelore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:36 am Reply with quote
Yeah they are for master's too. Masters/PhD programs are identical at most schools, requiring the exact same coursework, except then the PhD's go off and do 2-3 years of research in something specific, afterward.
dmusicat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:40 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
remember love wrote:
dmusicat wrote:

Glad to hear they went well. I've got to take mine...soon. I keep putting it off. Good luck with the bio one!

(And, BTW, I didn't mean to pressure you, I just genuinely wanted to know) Smile
Jadress

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:48 am Reply with quote
Holy crap, the pumpkins are amazing! I'd kinda like to hear how some of them were made. What kind of tools do you use for the ones where the surface was scraped down instead of cut through? Blown away, I am!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4