• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love Lab (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Once spoiler[the guys show up] there will be far more variety.

Ah, after watching that preview too, I'm hyped for the next episode Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

You have to question what sort of older brothers would spoiler[talk about spats like that] with their little sisters.

And Riko earned a placement of idiots, rather than just retorting everyone else. And Makio. Sayo definitely has a weakness to Suzu, likely how she looks like her boyfriend. Wait! Did they say spoiler[how much older Suzu's brother is]?

Look forward to next week.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:48 am Reply with quote
of course they could have avoided all the problems by just posting an announcement, maybe asking the broadcast club to help, "would the person who anonymously asked the student council for assistance please contact us, we have filled your request and would like to know how we can deliver the results to you."

...but that would be boring.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:16 am Reply with quote
The whole point is that it's anonymous. How would you as the girl react? How would you ask the student council to deliver such info? There's no guarantee that the girl is computer literate enough to create a throwaway e-mail account or some other temporary form of electronic communication. I can't think of any analog communication methods that could allow full anonymity and guarantee that the message would be received. Broadcast was probably not the simplest method of delivering the message but it did end up effective and retained full anonymity. Also, it may seem very odd, but from what I can tell the modus operandi of the student council seems to be that they take care of everything themselves. Asking the anonymous student to think of a way to get to receive her message would probably go against Maki's way of doing things.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:45 am Reply with quote
Nice it looks like spoiler[the guys will show up] next episode.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Nice it looks like spoiler[the guys will show up] next episode.

And indeed they did show up. So much blushes from Riko and her friend as well. Ah, the fun just never ends.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:59 am Reply with quote
Very nice episode. Girly Riko reminded me of Kyouko from Skip Beat. Riko sure makes a lot of silly mistakes. She got on Satoshi's good side by spoiler[calling him manly, only for her to ruin it by saying his smile is cute.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Wow, the show really seems to be expanding now by introducing these new characters, including Riko's brother and mother. There were plenty of laughs, actually it was probably the funniest episode yet.

I liked how we got more focus of her frustration of not being popular, only to see spoiler[all the get love hearts for eyes].
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:31 am Reply with quote
Gawd, that was an awesome episode. I love that this show is expanding out instead of just spinning its wheels like so many other anime "comedies" do. Enjoyed the intro of all the new male characters including poor Riko's brother. Things are definitely getting more complicated now on a whole bunch of levels. Very happy now that I didn't ditch this title.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Really enjoyed how Nagi and Riko as well as Maki and Jan hit it off. I wish Riko kept the pony-tail look though, as I think that's my favorite hair style for her. Maki was hilarious after her 'first encounter' didn't go nearly as well as what she expected. I'm curious to see what will happen next as the love advice requests are piling up and we'll likely get to see the rest of the student council interacting with the newcomers.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I love how Riko's brother spoiler[broke the 4th wall by pointing out the sight gag]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:32 pm Reply with quote
I have to say that this is probably the best anime that has come out this season. There is never a dull moment. Too bad Maki didn't realize Ren was crushing on her. It would have boosted her confidence.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 7
Lol, spoiler[Riko's brother was cute this episode. Too bad I don't think Maki feels the same way for him]. Well whatever. I am expecting more development on Riko's side of the story next time.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Took me a moment to realize that what Suzu said end up spoiler[happening], I somewhat wonder if she will get a spoiler[crush on the brother just like how he got one] on Maki. That boy is going to get head trauma.

looks like the series has really hit its stride, I quite like Sayo for her jabs at the person on the wall, Eno's brother, and going off at Riko's brother. Always some good laughs with Maki being crazy, I laughed at how long it took them to realize what she looked like.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:57 pm Reply with quote
This is their 2nd year in school and they only found about their nicknames now? Moe Riko just doesn't work lol. I know they go to a private school, but I have never heard of one that did not allow relationships.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5