• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Yumeria, Divergence Eve Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victor viper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Thunder-Break wrote:
Was there a Divergence Eve review in Newtype USA that basically said "This show sucks, and everyone has basketball tits?" or did I just make that up? Either way, that's how I remember that show and the sequel.

Interestingly enough, I just happened to have a copy of the March 2005 issue of Newtype in my bookshelf, where they review volume 1. Some highlights:

"In space, no one can hear your chest bounce"
"Get past that (periodic Misaki nudity) and you'll find a fast-paced tale that will keep the sci-fi contingent glued to the tube."

I don't know if I'd describe Divergence Eve as fast-paced, but I thought it was a solid enough hard science-fiction show, a genre that's a bit underrepresented in anime.

In any event, glad to see a release date for Little Busters!.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Yumeria's pretty bad and Divergence Eve's very bad. However, Divergence Eve isn't bad because of the oddly animated breasts, it's bad because of the awful CGI and overuse of static shots. And the plot. And the characters. And the monsters. And the fights.

Did I mention the sequel's bad too, if not worse? Now that I think about, Yumeria's kind of ok.

No, that's a lie. I understand what they were thinking when they licensed them then but there's no excuse for it now.

My Little Sister is Among Them! is getting dubbed. The silly mafia Otome Game prologue tie in "thing" is also getting dubbed. Another season of another Otome show is getting dubbed. And how many Shaft series did they license without dubbing? Where's Chunnibyo?

Little Busters!? Don't remind me, I'm still stuck at 8 episodes. Where's Chuunibyo?
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

Little Busters!? Don't remind me, I'm still stuck at 8 episodes. Where's Chuunibyo?

I believe they said at the AX panel that Chunnibyou is due to come out Q1 of next year.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Where's Chunnibyo?

next year
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:23 pm Reply with quote
so fresh dub coming soon are

NAKAIMO - My Little Sister Is Among Them! yea whole search for sister anime wonder also include the ova as well too?

&

La storia della Arcana Famiglia aka the anime with mam noto & her mafia family & crew.

hmm might look to hear in dub soon.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Well I would like to know what happened to the licensing of, the familiar of zero f, I mean, I can understand if they are trying to license the intire series, but at least we could get an update or something
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Wow, um... why? I've never seen Divergence Eve but Yumeria is pretty bad. I don't think it sold well and its ADV release has been pretty much in the bargain bin for a long time now. Why license again something that didn't sell well in the first place??
StormSky92

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
zendervai wrote:
AbZeroNow wrote:
Little Busters sub only? Strange that it would be DVD only.

The article says it's bilingual. The DVD thing is probably a Japanese company scared of reverse importation.

Sentai said that they are working on approval for a bluray so I expect that we will get it eventually.

That's good to know. I'll be waiting as well then, or just watch it Crunchyroll if I get impatient.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:50 pm Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:
Well I would like to know what happened to the licensing of, the familiar of zero f, I mean, I can understand if they are trying to license the intire series, but at least we could get an update or something

They have an update at Anime Boston. They are trying to acquire the rest of the series, as it doesn't make much sense to release season four without the first three. There really hasn't been much time that has passed between AB and AX.
casualfan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Divergence Eve is a decent sci-fi thriller, with nice fanservice to boot. The CG isn't the best but it's ok for its time.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Well I hope that Little Busters! wont be the only one with out dubs
stove top stuffing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Well I hope that Little Busters! wont be the only one with out dubs

Who cares. J.C. Staff butchered it.

I can only hope that they won't butcher refrain as well.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. I was in middle school when Yumeria was first released, and had no money to buy it. But it does hold a special place in my heart. Will buy.

And did they hear me or something? I had just said I wanted Yumeria to be relicensed.
kanjineogeo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Still no Hyouka....sigh

Quote:
All releases will be bilingual, and all except Little Busters! will be available on Blu-ray Disc and DVD. Little Busters! will ship on DVD only.

Example of this

Quote:
Reverse importation is also the reason Kadokawa Pictures USA will not allow any of their anime to see the Blu in North America. Sorry Deadman Wonderland fans...

An example from tv tropes
traveling

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:37 pm Reply with quote
kanjineogeo wrote:
Still no Hyouka....sigh

Quote:
All releases will be bilingual, and all except Little Busters! will be available on Blu-ray Disc and DVD. Little Busters! will ship on DVD only.

Example of this

Quote:
Reverse importation is also the reason Kadokawa Pictures USA will not allow any of their anime to see the Blu in North America. Sorry Deadman Wonderland fans...

An example from tv tropes

Hyōka is a actually Kadokawa release and it's only been a few months since the last BD came out. We probably won't see the BD for 2 years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3