×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the new ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio Trigger to Launch Kickstarter for New Little Witch Academia Episode


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TitanXL



Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 4036
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
I'll support it, but I'm surprised they can't get support through traditional means to do a whole series.


I'm not. Triggers stuff is generally more noticed in America than Japan, so it makes sense they'd try for an American route.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vangelionite88



Joined: 09 Dec 2009
Posts: 285
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how much it would take for one episode, I would really like to see this turned into a series..... but if they cant fund it as is then it will be complicated, they cant squeeze everything they need from kickstarter, best thing is hope kil la kil succeeds so they can do LWA just as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
publicenemy333



Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 562
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote
vangelionite88 wrote:
I wonder how much it would take for one episode, I would really like to see this turned into a series..... but if they can't fund it as is then it will be complicated, they can't squeeze everything they need from kickstarter, best thing is hope kil la kil succeeds so they can do LWA just as well.


I would love for this to be a series, but I'd be all for supporting a kickstarter Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RyanSaotome



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 4210
Location: Towson, Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:15 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
I'll support it, but I'm surprised they can't get support through traditional means to do a whole series.


I'm not. Triggers stuff is generally more noticed in America than Japan, so it makes sense they'd try for an American route.


Yeah, I haven't seen much interest in Trigger stuff from the Japanese sites I visit. Hell, some of them didn't even know what that Skeleton cop show (which I forget the name of) was when Yaraon was linking to /a/'s top shows of Winter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jymmy



Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Posts: 1244
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:22 am Reply with quote
This might wind up being the anime property I spend the very most on. I really hope it's a worthy successor to the first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Manga
Momokochan



Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Posts: 103
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:44 am Reply with quote
BOOM MY MONEY IS SO READY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
luffypirate



Joined: 06 Oct 2006
Posts: 3176
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:45 am Reply with quote
Will pledge.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reanimator





PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:49 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Well one episode will not be enough this will need at less 26eps


They made fine 30 minute movie. Let Trigger take baby steps for financing their project.
Back to top
luffypirate



Joined: 06 Oct 2006
Posts: 3176
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:02 am Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:
Well one episode will not be enough this will need at less 26eps


They made fine 30 minute movie. Let Trigger take baby steps for financing their project.


Also, Anime Mirai. Asking for an extensive production demonstrates, to myself, someone that is unfamiliar with the Young Animator Training Project.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
configspace



Joined: 16 Aug 2008
Posts: 3716
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:17 am Reply with quote
vangelionite88 wrote:
I wonder how much it would take for one episode, I would really like to see this turned into a series..... but if they can't fund it as is then it will be complicated, they can't squeeze everything they need from kickstarter, best thing is hope kil la kil succeeds so they can do LWA just as well.

Probably at least $400,000. They were given $480,000 as part of Anime Mirai 2013 (the annual Young Animator Training Project) to work with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9321
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:37 am Reply with quote
That's what they were given, but I'm sure they can find ways to work decently on less, but not too much less if they want to keep the same dynamic animation going.

Even 12 episodes at $200k each is nearly two and a half million, forget about Kickstarting that in one go, let alone 26.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 13985
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:59 am Reply with quote
Some of the work, pre-production, and expenses were already done for that one episode. A 2nd episode should not be expected to cost as much, unless they really want to up the ante on content.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jet_



Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 398
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:38 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm ready to pledge.
I just hope the pledges won't be too expensive.
I'd at least want some physical goods along with a CD of some sorts. Perhaps a poster or an artbook.

Always ready to support one of my favorite studios!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Momokochan



Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Posts: 103
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:37 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
That's what they were given, but I'm sure they can find ways to work decently on less, but not too much less if they want to keep the same dynamic animation going.

Even 12 episodes at $200k each is nearly two and a half million, forget about Kickstarting that in one go, let alone 26.


People tend to forget that Homestuck ( a webcomic!) made the atonishing $2,485,506 for it's game. Not even an animation, or something the like. A game.
It would really not be hard to get 2mil for Little Witch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reanimator





PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:45 am Reply with quote
Momokochan wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
That's what they were given, but I'm sure they can find ways to work decently on less, but not too much less if they want to keep the same dynamic animation going.

Even 12 episodes at $200k each is nearly two and a half million, forget about Kickstarting that in one go, let alone 26.


People tend to forget that Homestuck ( a webcomic!) made the atonishing $2,485,506 for it's game. Not even an animation, or something the like. A game.
It would really not be hard to get 2mil for Little Witch.


I don't think it will be that easy. It's easier to raise a million for game than film or animation.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group