• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Zatch Bell DVD 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BehindPastEyes
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:47 pm Reply with quote
^Oh boy.

While I'm the type who want billingual DVDs so i can switch back and forth, dub only DVD has their purposes in gaining a young audience to the show. Viz knows that every one of their shows has a wider range of audience, but in order get their investment back, they will have use edited version to do so. The uncuts will come in time. Viz, unlike a NY company that will not be named, IS a anime company and will turn its back on their roots for the sake of broadcast television.
ajm222

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:31 pm Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:
Izlude wrote:
I wish an uncut release would be considered, EVERYONE must see Folgore's Chichi wo Moge dance in its glory!

Chichi wo Moge! BOIN BOIN!!!!!!!

MOge Moge Moge Chichi wo moge

god I love that dance its so funny

just the whole pantamiming groping breasts and the fact thats its a number 1 hit

I was rather surprised they aired that part on CN, but I guess it's reasonable considering the time slot and the airing of "Sexy no Jutsu" in Naruto.
Demaar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:14 am Reply with quote
Yashouzoid wrote:
Whee I love explaining this

Shopro said that if the edited version sells well, then they'll release an uncut version soon after. By boycotting the dub DVDs you're only hurting yourself because they won't release uncut DVDs.

God, they aren't 4Kids where they'll swear off any possibility of an uncut release. I do wish people would realize this.
*laughs* What kind of person wanting an uncut subtitled copy of a show would buy DVDs with TV edits?

Maybe someone with deep pockets I suppose. It sounds like a flat out waste of money, in my books.

Edit>> By the by, I'm not really commenting in particular to Zatch Bell. The dub suits its purpose. Just making a general comment
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yashouzoid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:00 pm Reply with quote
If you don't have the money for it I could understand.

But honestly, making a point by saying you won't buy it and how evil ShoPro is and whatever is... pointless.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2