• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: JAST USA Licenses Steins;Gate Visual Novel in N. America

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
plus if you already wanted to read the VN, its been fan translated for nearly a year.

That's nice, but some of us prefer to buy the licensed VNs. I don't play that many VNs, so I have no problem supporting companies like JAST and MG when they release something I'm interested in.

Anyways, to me it looks like JAST had the better set of announcements by far. Shiny Days and Steins Gate are instant buys, and I've heard good things about Little Witch Romanesque, so I'd be willing to take a chance on that one too.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:24 pm Reply with quote
LCSeixas wrote:
Is it Sekai Project doing the translation? I mean, they updated their site after 1 year of absence just some time ago. I'm so excited!

Yup, they're back! Two of their translators were at the panel when it was announced.

http://blog.sekaiproject.com/2013/07/05/shiny-days-has-come-to-english-audiences/

Quote:
FRIDAY JULY 5, 2013, CALIFORNIA – Sekai Project proudly announces the animated visual novel Shiny Days. The game will feature 30 endings with many variations of each character. Compared to the earlier game, School Days HQ, the content length of Shiny Days is roughly 30% longer.

To make the English release of this game a reality, the partnership with JAST USA and 0verflow has been renewed. Please look forward to the release in the near future.

And in other news from that panel...

http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=21

Quote:
23:29:04 <bay> Q:: What was the reason for choosing Shiny Days over Cross Days
23:29:11 <bay> A: Second game and most recent release
23:29:21 <bay> it's also partly engine
23:29:29 <bay> And if Shiny Days is as succesful as school days
23:29:33 <bay> or nearly as successful
23:29:40 <bay> we're certainly look at Cross Days
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:27 pm Reply with quote
It's nice to see a big name VN picked up, but I have little interest in playing it myself. The anime was pretty good but I have no desire to play the game.

What I'm excited to see is Little Witch Romanesque. I'll definitely get that one. Might pick up Shiny Days too.
LCSeixas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Yup, they're back! Two of their translators were at the panel when it was announced.

http://blog.sekaiproject.com/2013/07/05/shiny-days-has-come-to-english-audiences/

Quote:
FRIDAY JULY 5, 2013, CALIFORNIA – Sekai Project proudly announces the animated visual novel Shiny Days. The game will feature 30 endings with many variations of each character. Compared to the earlier game, School Days HQ, the content length of Shiny Days is roughly 30% longer.

To make the English release of this game a reality, the partnership with JAST USA and 0verflow has been renewed. Please look forward to the release in the near future.

And in other news from that panel...

http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=21

Quote:
23:29:04 <bay> Q:: What was the reason for choosing Shiny Days over Cross Days
23:29:11 <bay> A: Second game and most recent release
23:29:21 <bay> it's also partly engine
23:29:29 <bay> And if Shiny Days is as succesful as school days
23:29:33 <bay> or nearly as successful
23:29:40 <bay> we're certainly look at Cross Days

Oooh, these guys rock! I can't wait for it!
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:10 pm Reply with quote
welp time to open my wallet and pre-order these vn's. I'm so damn happy right now... thank you jast-usa
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:20 pm Reply with quote
VDZ wrote:
If you're referring to Steins;Gate, it has no full animation like School Days, instead having text, text and more text with mostly static sprites and backgrounds.

Oh. I'll just stick with the anime then.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
VDZ wrote:
If you're referring to Steins;Gate, it has no full animation like School Days, instead having text, text and more text with mostly static sprites and backgrounds.

Oh. I'll just stick with the anime then.

however the mouths do move and have facial expressions. If you care watch an example of the game play watch below. Also keep i mind they have the same voices as the anime along with multiple endings, you only seen the true/good ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ozc1yTzNlI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Whoa, didn't see that coming. Im gonna buy it for sure!~~
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:

neither did I and Imported shiny summer days from jastusa last year for a 160 dollars >__>
jyuichi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:28 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:

neither did I and Imported shiny summer days from jastusa last year for a 160 dollars >__>

Its been said for previous licenses that if you write to Jlist support having purchased a title JAST licensed, they will hook you up with the official English version (its case by case and for jlist purchases only of course).
kantori

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:27 am Reply with quote
I was happy when I read Steins;Gate was coming but then shoved that aside from my thoughts when I read Shiny Days is coming too! YEAH!!!

But I seriously hope they don't edit out any of the content like MoeNovel has done and p*ssy out spoiler[Kokoro's scenes] at all! Exciting! Now I can finish the some of the routes that were a bit hard for me to understand!!

jyuichi wrote:
Its been said for previous licenses that if you write to Jlist support having purchased a title JAST licensed, they will hook you up with the official English version (its case by case and for jlist purchases only of course).
Are you serious? I did not know that...
EastN3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote
So, automatic buy, or automatic buy? This goes on my list of must haves.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:11 pm Reply with quote
kantori wrote:
I was happy when I read Steins;Gate was coming but then shoved that aside from my thoughts when I read Shiny Days is coming too! YEAH!!!

But I seriously hope they don't edit out any of the content like MoeNovel has done and p*ssy out spoiler[Kokoro's scenes] at all! Exciting! Now I can finish the some of the routes that were a bit hard for me to understand!!

jyuichi wrote:

Those are my thoughts on the issue as well with shiny summer days. There are a lot of MILF's in this ero game as well but spoiler[kokoro is by no defenation an adult or can pass off like setsuna can.] This has me a bit worried however I'm going to wait and see what happens.
jyuichi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote
kantori wrote:

jyuichi wrote:

I remember it being announced particularly for President because many people imported through J-List to support the fan translation. The Saya import product page says similarly:

http://www.jlist.com/product/PCG6022 wrote:
Note: Customers who purchase the Japanese version of this game will be entitled to one free download version when the game ships in English.

So this could be only for previously fan-translated titles but its worth asking, they try hard to keep customers happy Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3