• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya & 2wei! / 3rei!! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:46 am Reply with quote
Second half of 2wei to debut in Summer. I think it will be titled
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz! (TV)

We already got the returning cast and preview premiere. One of my favorite characters will make his on-screen debut in this so looking forward to that soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Fate/kaleid linear 2wei Hertz aired and well...

If anyone remembers one of the previous episodes with the yuri between Illya and Kuro, yup..it's that time of the week again. Embarassed. Not sure how I feel about the new OP song though. Might have to get used to it this season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:22 pm Reply with quote
So I just finally marathoned the first three episode to get caught up and. . . .

. . .Feel like absolutely nothing happened.

What the hell was all of that? Sure, coyly playing up the (underage) sexual elements has always been an element of this side of the franchise, but these three episodes were nothing but that. When a magical girl series goes three episodes at the beginning of the season without its girls ever transforming, and when a series predicated on action sequences goes three full episodes without them, that's usually a bad sign.

My opinion of this side of the franchise, and desire to keep up with it, is souring rapidly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
My opinion of this side of the franchise, and desire to keep up with it, is souring rapidly.

There is (a lot of) action to come, but since they decided to do 2 seasons of 10 episodes each, they're having the pad the hell out of stuff. The third episode in particular was half a bonus chapter from a manga volume, even. Though the first half was somewhat important, as the whole thing about prying into a friend's life or not comes up more in the future.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote
It even removed the sexualization aside from one kiss scene, so there really was no point to even adapt these episodes.
It's actually ridiculous how anti-lolicon this new season is.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, you're going to have to explain that "anti-lolicon" statement, because even if the series is toning things down, it seems to be the exact opposite of that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:11 pm Reply with quote
By removing every sexualization I'd say it is pretty much anti lolicon adaptation.
When borderline hentai is airing left and right, it's pretty ridiculous to adapt a bonus chapter and cover up all the pantyshots. Not even just censor, but outright change the angles so that we know there won't be any on BDs either. Same with beach episode. So far there was only a kiss scene as fanservice. What I'm saying is that it's just stupid to adapt fanservice fillers, and then remove the fanservice.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:46 am Reply with quote
This has all been mildly amusing and got me to chuckle a bit, but I'll certainly be glad when they finally go back to card hunting
TD912

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Okay, it's 4 episodes into the season, and it seems not much has happened plot-wise. I get they're supposed to be on summer break now, and there's been a few small hints that stuff might happen in the future, but so far it's basically been a kissing episode, swimsuit shopping and fujoshi episode, a beach episode, a amusement park episode, and next up looks to be a summer festival episode. Lolis are cute and all that, but this isn't supposed to be a slice of life show so after a while I'd expect there to be some more plot.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:47 pm Reply with quote
You can tell from a glance that they're saving all the budget for the action parts that will kick in later.
Thanks to that the quality of these recent episodes are pretty sub-par compared to either first or second "seasons".
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:33 pm Reply with quote
It looks like the first half of part 2/Season 3 is still on the slice of life parts. Oh Luvia you troll. I find it amusing at how she tricks Rin yet again. The episode also brings more of that summer nostologia with the yutaka outfits. Cute.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:11 pm Reply with quote
And we finally get to the plot!
Nicely animated, the fight was pretty tense, and that cliffhanger after the ED makes me wish next week was here already.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Fate/kaleid 2wei Hertz episode 8:

YES. My favorite character from the Fate/kaleid franchise is here with a funny debut! I also liked Caren's role in this. A decent set up episode for the two remainders to come. I'm actually excited to see how the rest will be adapted.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Gill went from trying to kill them tospoiler[ just chilling in his seat like a boss for]..............well no reason really. So we could get more Kuro mana antics I guess. I mean he wasn't even close to it when he started to fly towards the mountain so how exactly does his power work? Seems like something he'd be naturally drawn too. Plus in the mangaspoiler[ he just flies straight towards it after coming out of the cave.] The series has already had enough unnecessary padding writers. Shit like this isn't helping the fact that almost over half the season was utterly pointless. I'm still very upset that Buzet completely failed to win this fight already when she wasted time looking at the card instead of just pulling it out of Gil.

So ummm spoiler[penis/ball groping] just happened..................can't say the anime isn't full of dumb surprises but damn how does that even happen? I mean landing on someones boobs at least makes sense to some degree if you fall on top of them. But how the hell does your hand end up on someone's nether regions? I guess Illya is natural at foreplay Wink.............I'll go die in a fire now. I guess they need a way to break the tension for now so I'm prepared for a lengthy segment of "GOOD GRAVY HE'S NAKED"! jokes.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 9:

Mm, I have much respect for Illya this week because she took the stand against Gil while trying to save her friend Miyu.

'Action and comedy was overall good and I got a feeling that the finale will keep up the momentum that the second half of this season has built. Definitely met my expectations this episode. Oh and that bitch slap was something that was coming to Gil lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10