• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: I.G Head: 2nd Psycho-Pass Anime Season Is Underway

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sobe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:33 am Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
There are more shows deserving of a second season than this.

Just your opinion and nothing more, as usual. ;D This anime got a second season for a reason and you're always welcome to deny that reality all you want.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:11 am Reply with quote
Misogynistic? When?

Anyway, bring on the second season. While it didn't have any loose ends, it really did beg for one. More Akane, more Sybyl.
jymmy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:04 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Misogynistic? When?

You didn't think male psychopaths physically tormenting women was expressive of a hatred towards women in general on the basis of their biological sex? Next you'll be telling me that the reliance on the Dominators' independent decisions - they deal whatever force their intelligent weapon allows them to - isn't rape apology, guns being phallic symbols and being unable to control the decisions their guns make being representative of the claim that men can't control their sexual urges and shouldn't be judged for the outcome.
plague1ftw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:07 am Reply with quote
jymmy wrote:
You didn't think male psychopaths physically tormenting women was expressive of a hatred towards women in general on the basis of their biological sex? Next you'll be telling me that the reliance on the Dominators' independent decisions - they deal whatever force their intelligent weapon allows them to - isn't rape apology, guns being phallic symbols and being unable to control the decisions their guns make being representative of the claim that men can't control their sexual urges and shouldn't be judged for the outcome.

Yeah it's good for what it is!
Kreion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:46 am Reply with quote
I see a lot of people throwing around the word Misogyny without any real evidence in the anime to back that up... Both genders are victims/in positions of power/psychopaths. Most of the distinction between the two comes from location - e.g there's killings around an all girls school...I wonder what gender they will be. Now you can say what you like but given the killer was inspired by art, the female form is more prevalent in pieces of art. Especially those with darker undertones - it doesn't matter if you agree with that or not it's still something which is commonly used.

Frankly, I've get to see an argument which holds much water in regards to that and Psycho-pass...

Either way, despite the people who dislike it I look forward to another season. I'll be very interested to see where they take the story from here, considering how it ended. Either way, there's a lot to do Very Happy
sainta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:05 am Reply with quote
Misgony? What show did people watch?

Still, I'm happy with the second season announced. Can't wait for it.
daichi383

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:56 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised we're getting a 2nd season but i am glad. These days i only ever find 1 or 2 shows i really like per season and this was one of the more enjoyable ones. The non-ending of the first season did kinda end things on a disappointing note but i can't wait to see what they do next. I could care less where they "ripped off" ideas as long as they tell their story in an interesting way tbh.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:28 am Reply with quote
I don't think Psycho Pass is misogynist in any way but the ending still left me with a meh feeling overall.

Honestly I am not even sure if I care to watch more.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:31 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Like what? I can understand someone saying that about dumb, badly rated harem shows like Maken-ki which is getting a 2nd season. But how can you possible justify saying that for a show like Psycho Pass which has gotten good reviews throughout? Yes you might have not liked it but that doesn't mean this didn't deserve a 2nd season.

I agree with you on Maken-Ki if it were the same staff as season 1, but two creators I like are crafting that sequel, so I'm super hyped for that series.

People can dislike something that's gotten good reviews.

Yeah I don't mind if he didn't like the show. But when he comes on here and states that it doesn't deserve a sequel when it has gotten good reviews is just absurd.
Stealth00

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:23 pm Reply with quote
jymmy wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
Misogynistic? When?

You didn't think male psychopaths physically tormenting women was expressive of a hatred towards women in general on the basis of their biological sex?

There were both male and female criminals. There were both male and female victims. You're trying too hard to push an agenda.
|comicchaser|

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:35 am Reply with quote
This announcement makes me a happy nerd. Really enjoyed the first season and didn't dare get my hopes up for a second one. So this is a very welcome surprise. In my opinion, even though the first season was open ended, it didn't necessarily need a second season to tell its story. That being said, I can't wait to see what they'll do with this universe and the characters in the successor.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:47 am Reply with quote
Very pleased, if surprised, to see this news. PP was an excellent, thought-provoking series. Was it perfect? Hell no, but nothing ever is, so I enjoyed it for what it did right and the chilling tone it set most of the time.

The characters that were - I felt - fully realized, particularly in regards to Shinya Kogami and Shogo Makishima; I was happy with the ending even as spoiler[I'll dearly miss our favorite psychopathic knife-wielding bookworm]. Still, I'm absolutely in the looking-forward-to-season-2 camp.

I'm curious who FUNi will cast in the dub. Has there been any news on that front?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3