• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Kinmoza!/Kin-iro Mosaic Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:26 am Reply with quote
The question of goofy names has been addressed at Sentai panels and the answer given was exactly what dragonrider cody described. Sentai isn't the only company I've heard of having to deal with this.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:24 am Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
The question of goofy names has been addressed at Sentai panels and the answer given was exactly what dragonrider cody described. Sentai isn't the only company I've heard of having to deal with this.

Media Blasters, Geneon, and others have mentioned it in the past as well. The Japanese companies wanting to do strange things with their shows is hardly without precedent, particularly when they think it will help a show sell.

Don't forget that Sentai is the same company that left the full title of Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka and Hiiro No Kakera - The Tamayora Princess Saga intact. They've even used direct translations of titles, when the official English name is something else entirely, such as Brighter Than The Dawning Blue (which is marketed by TBS as My Lunarian Princess.) They obviously don't have issues with Japanese or even just longer English names.
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Really? AIR MAIL? NOBODY WRITES LETTERS ANYMORE! Why couldn't Hara have the main girls e-mail/tweet each other? Luddite!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quote
@ Shitori1 - re: Japanese companies providing names of shows to R1 distribs:

Could you please do everyone a favour and actually try to learn stuff before shooting off your ignorant mouth? Thanks in advance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2