• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Confirms Shiki on DVD, Blu-ray in Spring 2012

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first two episodes when it first started airing, but thought it moved too slow to watch weekly. It was interesting, though, so I'll buy the BD (most likely a combo) to watch it in chunks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Obviously FUNi didn't want to release that info yet, so they took the site down until they announce it.

Is FUNimation ever going to learn one doesn't put a website on a server unless they want it to go public?

I just did a little research on the series.

*goes all in.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Macron One wrote:
Aren't both of those titles licensed by an Australian (Region 4) distributor? I seem to recall hearing Siren Visual has them (also Kaiba IIRC).

They're also both licensed by Beez in the UK (who haven't said anything about Kaiba yet).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Funi put out an announcement on their twitter a little while ago (and I've forgotten how to link to tweets again, sorry!) and say that there will be more news at anime detour which is this weekend.

And that's interesting to hear about House of Five Leaves/Tatami Galaxy, guess I need to get myself a region free DVD/BR player someday.
dizzon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:12 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed Shiki, plus this series has the potential for looking REALLY good on Blu-ray. I think we have a sale..
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:23 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Funi put out an announcement on their twitter a little while ago (and I've forgotten how to link to tweets again, sorry!) and say that there will be more news at anime detour which is this weekend.

Here it is.

Quote:
And that's interesting to hear about House of Five Leaves/Tatami Galaxy, guess I need to get myself a region free DVD/BR player someday.

The VLC Media Player is a region free video player for your computer. If you can sync your computer with your TV, then you're golden.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote
When I saw this news on AnimeOnDVD, I did a happy dance and shouted "SHIKI IS HERE" at everyone I knew. Now my worries about not getting it over here can disappear. Limited Edition Chipboard Combo Pack please!

(I also hope they release The Tatami Galaxy, but it's not high up on my top-priority list. Now Kaiba, on the other hand, would be an awesome title to receive. Simply more Yuasa is desired! But hey, baby steps. Getting out more noitaminA shows is first priority!)
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! I loved Shiki, really good horror anime, possibly the best in that genre since Higurashi.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Like I said earlier, yay! Bit of a wait but, since I don't even have a BR player yet, I don't mind, hope this is a sign of things to come!
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:07 pm Reply with quote
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

I'm totally buying this on blu-ray.

Of the 3 series I really wanted that were released in 2010/2011, I can now cross one off of the list (in order of greatest to least).

1. Puella Magi Madoka Magica (I realize this one is too early for any announcement)
2. Tatami Galaxy
3. Shiki

It may have been my third choice out of the three, but I'm happy to get one regardless.

In regards to noitaminA releases, I'm willing to buy any if it encourages companies to license more.

EDIT: I'm happy to see that Tatami Galaxy is getting a Region 2 DVD release at least. This gives me something to fall back on if it doesn't end up getting licensed in the states. I'd be willing to buy a region-free player for that. Heck, I may even import the Japanese blu-rays if they have English subtitles on them.
Paploo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Nice! I didn't like the Soul Hunter/Hoshin Engi anime much [not a bad show, but the inconsistent animation made for awkward viewing], but after reading the author's awesome WaqWaq manga, I definitely want to check this out- his art and the 12 Kingdoms author's scripts=something that should be quite awesome. This anime looks to really translate his visual style well, so I hope it does well enough to tempt VIZ into releasing the JumpSquare sereis.
Beized

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Color me crazy, but doesn't that picture say Spring 2012?

Irregardless, this show was fantastic. I spent every week in constant anticipation for each new episode. Its as good as sold to me.

Last edited by Beized on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:10 pm Reply with quote
And there you have it, folks. Makes me wonder why my thread got moved. O.o

Edit: Oh, they gave me credit for the news. Thank you and you're welcome. ^^

Edit 2: Thank you for merging the threads together.

Last edited by Rukiia on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Reibooi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Beized wrote:
Color me crazy, but doesn't that picture say Spring 2012?

Yeah the article is wrong. It says Spring 2012 on both the Funi blog and the Funi Twitter.
Weiss_Yohji

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Now, if they'll announce something about House of Five Leaves...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5