• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece: Romance Dawn RPG Not Coming to N. America

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:12 am Reply with quote
Tsukento wrote:
TheGameNinja wrote:
...the translation is going to be done anyway. They could at least put it on the eShop.

They could, but they won't. Same way how they completely blew off giving us the previous 3DS One Piece games.

It seems like Namdai has a thing against releasing anything anime-related physically in North America. Both One Piece Pirate Warriors games are digital-only exclusively in NA, while Europe got physical copies. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z's console releases are getting physical copies, but if you own a Vita? Enjoy that digital copy. As if memory cards on it weren't expensive as is.

I really appreciate that they pulled the stick out of their rears and are bringing Tales games to the west (with the exceptions of Tales of Vesperia on the PS3 and Tales of Hearts R for the Vita), but come on. They're effectively screwing the One Piece fanbase in NA.

I just have to say that what you said is total utter bullshite!

The reason why both One Piece Pirate Warriors games as well as a lot of games from Japan on Sony consoles get digital-only releases is because of SCEA's crazy policy concerning them in that if it has Japanese-only voices (the only exceptions being the Yakuza series for the most part), then they only get digital releases whereas SCEE are a lot more reasonable (That, plus we get games from Japan in Europe that never came out in North America for various consoles including a Sailor Moon game for the DS as well as one or two Shin-chan games for the Spanish market)
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:39 am Reply with quote
TonyTonyChopper wrote:
Well the misconception is that it is really popular in all of Europe which isn't the case.
It's only because of a few country's here where it is really popular where talking pretty much about France,Italy,Spain and then you got the UK and Germany that's pretty much it.

Generally people refer to those countries when they say 'Europe'. The top five countries out of fifty make up over half of Europe's population anyway.
Ginsan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Wow this game went all the way until MF war? I couldn't even get through Baratie arc, so hard
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2