• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Graphic Novels and Manga Taking off in India

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyuriko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Being of Indian descent, I am quite happy to hear that manga is gaining popularity there. It's nice to see they've picked well-known, classic titles too.

By the way, there is an error. The source should be http://www.manganews.net rather than http://www.manganews.com.
wolfcry
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I have a good friend in India and she had to get her tooth pulled a few weeks ago. She was nervous, so to calm her down the dentist distracted her by telling her about all the anime he liked to watch. When she told me this I was pretty stunned, but I guess this is just a second hand experience relating to a growing trend Anime smile

Good to see.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:18 am Reply with quote
I know when I lived in India there was some anime on TV. It was mostly on Cartoon Network, and mostly just kids anime we get here on TV--although there was a Snow White anime televised that I had never seen before. I don't remember seeing manga there, however.

I'm not entirely surprised, though. I know when I lived there things seemed to be progressing very fast in India--their mobile phones had actually progressed a little past what ours in the US were. I thought this was maybe because they were so close to other asian countries that had better cell phones, so...I'm not entirely surprised manga's getting exported there, as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1