• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ufotable to Produce New Fate/stay night Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwerveCity

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:52 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:

Look boy, I have played F/SN, and there were ecchi moments like how Shiro walks in on Saber totally nude when she was going to take a shower, and then Shiro totally flusters and apologize to Saber for doing it....those kinds of stuffs. My main concern is more on the comedy aspect of the game though. From what I have seen ufotable do with Kara no Kyoukai and F/Z, they rarely did anything resembling comedy. Not to say that they are incapable of doing comedy, but I would rather see them animate something that cuts the bullcrap and get straight to the main point and take itself very seriously, unlike the visual novel which was riddled with comedic moments.

Sounds like you read part of Fate, got bored and left, to me anyway. Your experience of the F/SN VN is so different to mine that its literally like chalk and cheese.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:53 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
My main concern is more on the comedy aspect of the game though. From what I have seen ufotable do with Kara no Kyoukai and F/Z, they rarely did anything resembling comedy. Not to say that they are incapable of doing comedy, but I would rather see them animate something that cuts the bullcrap and get straight to the main point and take itself very seriously, unlike the visual novel which was riddled with comedic moments.

Jesus christ have you seen anything ufotable has done other than their Fate universe works?

Saying ufotable can't do comedy is literally mindbogglingly insane.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:10 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:
My main concern is more on the comedy aspect of the game though. From what I have seen ufotable do with Kara no Kyoukai and F/Z, they rarely did anything resembling comedy. Not to say that they are incapable of doing comedy, but I would rather see them animate something that cuts the bullcrap and get straight to the main point and take itself very seriously, unlike the visual novel which was riddled with comedic moments.

Jesus christ have you seen anything ufotable has done other than their Fate universe works?

Saying ufotable can't do comedy is literally mindbogglingly insane.

Ummm...
jojothepunisher wrote:
Not to say that they are incapable of doing comedy

And
jojothepunisher wrote:
the visual novel which was riddled with comedic moments.

I don't think jojothepunisher was saying as a whole ufotable cannot do comedy... Just saying.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:12 am Reply with quote
Actually his post makes very little sense if you consider what ufotable has animated in the past. Both their non-Fate works (very comedic) and their Fate works (very non-comedic)

So I think he just has no idea what he's talking about on any level.

Regardless, the only ufotable work people should be excited for is Yoyo X Nene
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:30 pm Reply with quote
A new Fate/stay night project? I wonder if Studio Deen has lost the rights to make new Fate/stay night stuff and decides to remake the entire series from scratch? I would love it if Heaven's Feel gets its long overdue adaptation as well.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:24 pm Reply with quote
A studio doesn't necessarily have the "right to make stuff" but are rather contracted to do so. To quote Brian:
Quote:
An important distinction that a lot of people fail to make is this notion that studios get to CHOOSE which projects they work on. That is, laughably, incorrect. Unless they're a studio with enough clout and talent to develop their own titles in-house, and the majority of them don't, they're at the mercy of whatever Production Committee is pulling the strings.

Deen are a lot further down the ladder than, say, Gonzo, who are the original creators of a number of their series and involved in international licensing/sales and co-productions etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
tcsavato

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:14 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
Look boy, I have played F/SN, and there were ecchi moments like how Shiro walks in on Saber totally nude when she was going to take a shower, and then Shiro totally flusters and apologize to Saber for doing it....those kinds of stuffs. My main concern is more on the comedy aspect of the game though. From what I have seen ufotable do with Kara no Kyoukai and F/Z, they rarely did anything resembling comedy. Not to say that they are incapable of doing comedy, but I would rather see them animate something that cuts the bullcrap and get straight to the main point and take itself very seriously, unlike the visual novel which was riddled with comedic moments.

Both those scenes show important character development for Saber (especially when you consider what happened between both events), regardless of the content, that is why they are there, nothing more and nothing less. As for the comedy, it's shows the progressive mood of F/SN as you go along. There's a bit in Fate, only a little in UBW and almost 0 in HF. Fate is the most light hearted route in both mood and theme, UBW takes a more serious approach with little comedy. HF is balls to the wall serious with almost zero comedy, (It's also closer in mood and theme to Fate/Zero). Taken as a whole, F/SN is not funny at all, so this notion that the comic relief somehow destroys the mood is laughable.
TheZeonicFront

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:34 am Reply with quote
Heaven's Feel would be in tone the most with Fate/Zero which is what I imagine they are going to want to recapture.

Probably the best route except for Sakura focus. Dark Sakura is pretty groovy though.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Dark Sakura is definitely a hottie (I can't stand regular Sakura). And HF has, by far, the most sex scenes in it of the three. Fate and UBW both have only a couple, IIRC. OTOH, one of the main causes for the sex scenes is that you can transfer mana via sex, so if you lack the skill to transfer your mana through normal magical means (like Shiro), and your servant needs lots of mana fast. Well... poor guy, he has to help!

Of course, the above is referring to the original PC version of F/SN. I never played the Realta Nua version.

What I'm getting at is that if they do the HF route, it will be more difficult to downplay the sex scenes due to the number of them and their importance to the plot (which is more central in this path). Still, it's not insurmountable by any means.

I'd be happy if they decide to do the whole thing. I was impressed with ufotable's effort with F/Z.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Stall_19 wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
Whatever route they choose, I wonder if they'll make direct connections from Fate/Zero. Maybe even a cameo from that series?

Well considering Fate/Zero is a prequel to Fate/Stay Night yeah there will be direct connections. Saber/Kotomine/Gilgamesh/Older Rin/Older Illya/ and Older Sakura are all characters in every route of Fate/Stay Night.

Not only that, but I would also like a cameo of Waver or have Saber mention her time with Irisviel.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:

What I'm getting at is that if they do the HF route, it will be more difficult to downplay the sex scenes due to the number of them and their importance to the plot (which is more central in this path). Still, it's not insurmountable by any means.

I foresee another CGI creature
tcsavato

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:47 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:

I foresee another CGI creature

It was vampirism in RN's HF. It's still very bad. Though, It's ufotable and they showedspoiler[Sakura getting raped in Zero] So I don't think they will go with the H-Alt scene routes. I hope not anyway... Vampirism does not suit Sakura and makes the dream retarded
Stall_19

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:45 pm Reply with quote
They can just imply they had sex without doing some dumb stuff like the Deen anime. Not that difficult.
tcsavato

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quote
I'd be much happier with them glossing over the sex scenes then them replacing them with the H-alt crap. Like... just show the set up and play Pursuing Minds or Embrace in the Back Ground and Bam.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Dark Sakura is definitely a hottie (I can't stand regular Sakura). And HF has, by far, the most sex scenes in it of the three. Fate and UBW both have only a couple, IIRC. OTOH, one of the main causes for the sex scenes is that you can transfer mana via sex, so if you lack the skill to transfer your mana through normal magical means (like Shiro), and your servant needs lots of mana fast. Well... poor guy, he has to help!

Which honestly made me wonder why Saber and Shirou didn't just screw like every day to get rid of the mana problem. I mean, they totally wanted to bang each other anyway.

Then again, the less Nasu sex scenes, the better. They're hilarious for a while but I can take fish metaphors for only so long.

(On a side note god DAMN I need to finish this [expletive] game)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5