• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Streams Inuyasha, Hikaru no Go, Naruto, Bleach

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
you can also own all of the episodes from Itunes....however it would cost $100 for all 75 episodes...

You're absolutely right - I could download it or even use a program like Snapz to rip it onto DVD... I'm just a fossil, old school collector who wants to prop DVDs or BluRays on bookshelves - the equivalent of someone who complains about a new album not being released on vinyl. I really am grateful that series that are or would be "flops" on DVD can be streamed legitimately in America.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
This is great news since not only do I have Netflix but a good long while ago I bought a Wii and now will be able to stream something other than King of the Hill.

Yeah, they have some anime on streaming, but not that much.

Check Again, Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:32 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
Quote:
you can also own all of the episodes from Itunes....however it would cost $100 for all 75 episodes...

You're absolutely right - I could download it or even use a program like Snapz to rip it onto DVD... I'm just a fossil, old school collector who wants to prop DVDs or BluRays on bookshelves - the equivalent of someone who complains about a new album not being released on vinyl. I really am grateful that series that are or would be "flops" on DVD can be streamed legitimately in America.

good idea!....I also want to have my own copies on dvds but i don't think Viz will release any dvds anytime soon...since it's cheaper if everything is digital....
Forte-sama

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:04 pm Reply with quote
While I do like the idea that these were added, and I'm impressed Hikaru no Go of all things was added, I think maybe I'll stick to the other things for a while. I've been having a hard time reading the subs on the streams on Netflix. However, with this, if I added correctly, this brings the total of anime episodes, movies, and OVA's on Netflix to 2,740......that was your useless random fact of the day. Lol.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:14 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
PBsallad wrote:
animerican wrote:
Wow!! And in Japanese!! Very impressive!! Take notes Funimation!!

So these series are only available in Japanese with English subs? That kinda sucks. I think Nana would be the only one I would be interested in though.

Yep. I just checked out "Hikari no go" and it's only in Japanese. The sub fans are getting what they want.

Well, at least someone is. Sad
jyuichi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
PBsallad wrote:
animerican wrote:

So these series are only available in Japanese with English subs? That kinda sucks. I think Nana would be the only one I would be interested in though.

Yep. I just checked out "Hikari no go" and it's only in Japanese. The sub fans are getting what they want.

Well it bombed spectacularly here, you can't expect Viz to finish dubbing beyond the 12 episodes or so they released on DVD.

Are the other shows sub or dub?
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Yeah, they have some anime on streaming, but not that much.

With substantial recent additions by Funimation, it is a lot more than it used to be. The Anime & Animation Watch Instantly category currently spans 7 pages. Even filtering out the non-anime, that would leave over 5 pages.

Netflix has been an increasing disappointment when it comes to DVDs (three days without being able to ship a single one of the 35 anime DVDs in my queue), while becoming increasingly pleasurable as a source of streaming anime.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Well it bombed spectacularly here, you can't expect Viz to finish dubbing beyond the 12 episodes or so they released on DVD.

Sure, I can. I mean what the heck else have they got to do? Have you seen their anime releases list lately? They have zilch as far as actively releasing titles other than Bleach, Naruto, and Vampire Knight and we're lucky if we see more than 3 title solicitations from them a month. There would be several advantages to going back and improving their catalog. They'd have something to do with all that free time other than counting their hairs plus dubbing them might make more people watch it and stick with it, it's a rather talky series that makes my button pushing finger sore from pausing it. But of course, this is VIZ we're talking about it's not like they care about the health of their fans index fingers, or honorable things like finishing what you start. Razz [End of my silly half-serious rant, I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.]

Last edited by Kruszer on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:01 pm Reply with quote
jyuichi wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
PBsallad wrote:
animerican wrote:

All the animes VIZ put on Netflix are subbed. The opposite of what Funimation's doing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darcerin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:20 pm Reply with quote
*bounces up and down* OMG, series I've been meaning to catch up/watch in the first place. Whee! Thank you Netflix!!!
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:42 pm Reply with quote
jyuichi wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
PBsallad wrote:
animerican wrote:

AFAIK all of Hikaru No Go has been dubbed into English.

They released a lot more than 12 episodes.
arielifeoma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:46 pm Reply with quote
It's nice that this is there. Right now, I'm paying for a few services just to watch anime and drama. It would be nice to consolidate. I see this as a positive push forward.
Saturn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quote
At least they're subbed. I get so tired of being all excited about anime being on Netflix and then discovering it's another crappy dub -_-
Kurohei

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:02 pm Reply with quote
No DUB?
MarzGurl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:02 am Reply with quote
Saturn wrote:
At least they're subbed. I get so tired of being all excited about anime being on Netflix and then discovering it's another crappy dub -_-

Some people like those crappy dubs. Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3