• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Battle B-Daman off of ABC Family, remains on Toon Disney

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jkid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Aresef wrote:
Yeah, not only did they show all the Digimon eps, they went back and dubbed the movies. And with PR, I remember once they had a marathon of previous season finales. It's not fear of showing finales, it's something else.

The reason why they're reluctantto show series finales for their series, including anime, is that if they broadcast the final episode it'll effect their bottom line (profits) since children will not watch it again. But that is a possiblity since even after after a series is over, they would not mind see reruns of a series. It's more a business reason.
Aresef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:17 pm Reply with quote
If that were the case, they'd still be showing reruns. In this case, it's been completely ripped from the schedule. It's ratings.
Jkid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Aresef wrote:
If that were the case, they'd still be showing reruns. In this case, it's been completely ripped from the schedule. It's ratings.

That what I'm trying to say, ratings determine business. It's a business decisions.
Hika Yagami

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:11 am Reply with quote
[quote="Aresef"]Yeah, not only did they show all the Digimon eps, they went back and dubbed the movies. And with PR, I remember once they had a marathon of previous season finales. It's not fear of showing finales, it's something else.[/quote]

One thing I was wondering about that is why would they keep the full Matrix(Biomerge) evolutions intact in the Digimon Tamers episodes but put in flashes in the parts where they were nude during evolution in the Runaway Locomon movie?

Anyway, I hate it when they do that. I was really dissapointed when they did that to Beyblade. It's funny how they'll show repeats of other shows and take away the new stuff. It doesn't make sense to me.

Hika Yagami
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quote
XtremeAnimeDan wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
Disney has some kind of problem with final episodes. They seem to think that if kids see a show coming to an end, they'll never watch it again, and they want to be able to play repeats of the same old episodes in different orders over and over again, so kids can see repeats of episodes they missed and think they're new, or something. They've been doing this ever since they first started doing TV animation-all thier shows never had any sort of closure, they just stopped and went into endless reruns. Apparentally Disney can't comprehend why anime producers would actually give a show a proper conclusion.

EDIT:
I forgot that four original Disney shows (out of about thirty-five or so) have gotten finales, but three of those endings (for Aladdin, Kim Possible, and Lilo and Stitch) were done up as direct-to-video movies, not episodes, and only the Aladdin finale was marketed as such. As far as I can tell, Doug is the only Disney series to actually have a final episode within the series itself.

That's not entirely true though. All of the Power Rangers series get full fledged endings. W.I.T.C.H. season 1 had a good ending. They went back and aired all of Shinzo on ABC Family twice and many more times on Toon Disney. Heck, even Digimon had all of it's episodes shown multiple times. To make your theory be thrown out the window though, Battle B-Daman already has a second season made (of 52 episodes), so it wouldn't be the series finale, only the season finale. They have shown season finales even when they haven't always shown the series finales. It was my hopes that they would respect anime more when they became Jetix, but them pulling Beyblade from ABC Family before it finished airing and now pulling Battle B-Daman destroys those possibilities.

Digimon and Shinzo weren't Disney properties while they were still being dubbed-Disney bought the rights to them (and all Saban properties) after work was already completed on those series, and all but the last season of Digimon had been aired. So you can thank Saban for those finales being shown. Ditto Power Rangers-that property had been around for ten years before Disney came along, and by then it had proven (like Digimon) that it could be successful even with series finales. But it looks to me like Disney views those shows as exceptions to the rule.
LazerBlader

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:44 pm Reply with quote
XtremeAnimeDan wrote:
Hasbro actually licensed battle B-Daman in the US for the dub and the toys, and if you watch the closing credits, they are recognized as the licensed dealer. d-rights own the rights to the series creation, but Hasbro owns the right to the dub. That is why you can find some of the Battle B-Daman episodes at the Hasbro website: http://www.hasbro.com/action/default.cfm?page=brand&brand_id=764

Thats right tahts right. Thanks for the correction.
Well guys its Disney...what ya expect?
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:55 am Reply with quote
LazerBlader wrote:
XtremeAnimeDan wrote:
Hasbro actually licensed battle B-Daman in the US for the dub and the toys, and if you watch the closing credits, they are recognized as the licensed dealer. d-rights own the rights to the series creation, but Hasbro owns the right to the dub. That is why you can find some of the Battle B-Daman episodes at the Hasbro website: http://www.hasbro.com/action/default.cfm?page=brand&brand_id=764

Thats right tahts right. Thanks for the correction.
Well guys its Disney...what ya expect?

Micky mouse? Sorry, I couldn't resist even if it's a bad joke.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
XtremeAnimeDan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I just want to point out that the news is wrong at saying Beyblade was pulled with 1 epsidoe left. It aired all of its episodes on Toon Disney. Even if you don't consider that to be a proper airing, it did get to finish the series. It didn't finish its run on ABC Family, but that was 2 episodes left, not just 1, and Daigunder and Tokyo Pig had many episodes left that weren't aired (and might not have even been dubbed). Therefore the news I submitted that B-Daman was the second series to be pulled with 1 episode left remains correct, and the front page is wrong.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2