• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Analyst Sees DVD Sales Decline

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Super Arrow wrote:
And UMD will flop. I guarantee it.

Will flop? Hasn't it already? Those things have probably sold like, 10 units in the whole world? Who in their right mind would want to watch a feature-length movie on some 4-inch screen wearing headphones and having limited battery capacity? PSP is a gaming system, not a gaming system and movie theater. I guess it's typical of Sony to bite off more than they can chew. Rolling Eyes

Someone told me that they'd be releasing a boxset of the entire DBZ series on 150 UMDs. That's obviously not true, but I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to.
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
Super Arrow wrote:
And UMD will flop. I guarantee it.

Will flop? Hasn't it already? Those things have probably sold like, 10 units in the whole world? Who in their right mind would want to watch a feature-length movie on some 4-inch screen wearing headphones and having limited battery capacity? PSP is a gaming system, not a gaming system and movie theater. I guess it's typical of Sony to bite off more than they can chew. Rolling Eyes

Someone told me that they'd be releasing a boxset of the entire DBZ series on 150 UMDs. That's obviously not true, but I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to.

You want to know who.....Teenagers...During school lunches last year we'd watch t.v. series to past the time. As far as a full lenght film same answer...ever been on a road trip that you didn't drive well if you don't have a portable dvd player psp is there for you. I think sony was making a good move on it in my own personal opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Demaar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:35 pm Reply with quote
The problem I see with UMD is that there is no officially supported method to watch the movies on your home theater setup. I mean, who wants to own two copies of the same movie for two seperate devices?
On the other hand, if Sony announced UMD support in the PS3 (somehow), I'd probably be more keen on it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2