• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shonen Jump's Assassination Classroom Manga Gets Event Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:42 am Reply with quote
Debates about the moon aside (save it for Planetes not Soul Eater, AssClass, Dragon Ball or Sonic)... Also, once a bounty or power level gets a certain point, the number becomes arbitrary (already suspending disbelief hard over One Piece's relatively scaled ones). It seems reasonable enough here. >_>

Mach 20 feels more "fast" (even consistently so) here than "the speed of light" in other works, though each of them will do what suits them best. Context helps as others have said.

I'm pretty hyped that we are getting an anime project so soon, some other hits also got OVA's premiered there prior to an anime like One Piece back at Jump Super Anime Tour 1998 and Toriko (2009). They got TV anime really quickly, though the voice casts changed...
I enjoyed Koro-sensei's voice in the VOMIC (Masaya Onosaka)...
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:06 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
So this being destroys seventy percent of the Moon which would cause hundreds of millions - if not billions - of people to die from raining debris and huge tsunamis, and of course ruin the tides and increase the Earth's wobble to dangerous if not catastrophic levels.

In the image they show in the first chapter of the now cresent-shaped remainder of the moon, it is stated, "The moon!! About 70% of it has mysteriously disappeared in an explosion".

It looks more like the missing section were neatly cut by a laser, so I would assume "explosion" is a misnomer or mistranslation. Aside from not being so neat, there would be no "mysteriously disappeared" if it were actually an explosion.

This isn't hard sci-fi, so I doubt the author or the editor sweated over the details.
link2link8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:08 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^
Uh, I'm hardly upset. Trust me, if I was upset you would definitely know about it.

I don't anyone would care tbh.

Anyways looking forward to this, hoping they don't do a full series anytime soon, it's still quite early imo haha.
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:00 am Reply with quote
Forget about the moon, this series is awesome and I'm really looking forward to this!
I'm certain this will get a fully fledged anime series in not too long.
I imagine it will have one announced in perhaps half a year.
Kanra_Nakura

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:33 am Reply with quote
nice Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2