• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2005-11-10]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:26 am Reply with quote
Honestly, I wasn't thinking of star wars...I always treated star wars as a serious thing so don't worry zac you won't find any from me unless I get desperate...probably won't not to interested on what's ont he block this week. To be even more honest I never even heard of it before.(Sometimes I'm ashamed to call myself an otaku.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:48 am Reply with quote
lazuline wrote:
I feel bad for Zach and all the star wars captions he's going to have to read.

I can think of dirtier ones. Laughing
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I wish there were some way of making an angry face over the internet that didn't include emoticons. Instead I shall refute your claim, sir, with a photo of a kitten who is neither fat nor smelly..

*Kitty piccy*

See, look, he's even exercising.

But wouldn't the excersing cause him to be smelly? Confused
Strategos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:09 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
that was the funniest submission you could come up with? with all due respect that is the worst entry since this constest started.

I thought that was a pretty damn funny one actually. It came out of left field, you really wouldn't expect something like that. Much better than mine which was probably submitted by 1000 other people as well.
kollivier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The Inuyasha box set sure did bring out the gutter-minded fangirls. I got more unprintable submissions about Kagome's bicycle seat than ever before.

Wait a second. Zac, are you saying that you were getting unprintable submissions about Kagome's bicycle seat BEFORE you ran the Inuyasha contest? Do people just volunteer this stuff?? Shocked
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Man, I didn't know you could get so much milage out of a banana seat.

I was going to do something about Christmas, but then I realized that I hate Inuyasha.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:08 pm Reply with quote
a bunch of people in this thread wrote:
complaining about the winner of this contest every week

You know, I don't care if y'all take me to task - I'm used to it, it's my job. But endlessly whining about who wins these contests, calling their captions unfunny or stupid and then pointing to your own as an example of what you think should have won?

That's lame and highly immature, folks.

It's not about me - frankly, if you don't find the caption funny, it's of little consequence to me. But the guy who won, it's his work. I don't need you insulting him. Just like we don't need you insulting the guy who won the pumpkin contest or calling every contest result into question.

In short, if you don't like the winner, keep it to yourself. If you honestly think someone won the contest through fraud or broke the rules, email myself, SakechanBD or Tempest.

If you don't have something nice to say about someone who isn't me, don't say anything at all.
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:14 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
You know, I've been wondering... not sure if I got an answer before

when you send in a caption, is it necessary to include your mailing address already?

Or do I just send in a caption?

... anyway, thanks in advance

... so uhh... yeah, me and a few others still need an anwer on this Razz

It's been floating around my head for a while...
MiwaSatoshi
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Remember folks ... the guy who gives out the prizes is the guy whose sense of humor you need to figure out.

It's fairly easy to figure out what Zac thinks is funny. Just read his columns! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Optimus Crime

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Actually, when I won (The first one for the Noir Box Set), people were pretty nice all around. Things have gotten quite a bit more catty as the weeks have progressed, though.

Almost everybody is going to think that their submission is funnier than the one that won (People wouldn't submit otherwise, would they?). It's natural to feel that little sting of defeat, but keep in mind that just the chance to win is a pretty cool thing. I entered this thing on a whim, and now, for a very small amount of effort, I'll soon (I hope) be recieving an $80 box set - I'd say that's pretty rightous.

As they say in cliche-town "don't look a gift horse in the mouth". If you win, great. If you don't, no biggie. There's always next week - or maybe there won't be if people don't lay off Zach and ragging on the winners.

*to half-answer the question, when I won, Zach emailed me back to tell me I'd won and asked for my address then. I don't know which he preffers though.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Optimus Crime wrote:
I entered this thing on a whim, and now, for a very small amount of effort, I'll soon (I hope) be recieving an $80 box set - I'd say that's pretty rightous.

There's always next week - or maybe there won't be if people don't lay off Zach and ragging on the winners.

*to half-answer the question, when I won, Zach emailed me back to tell me I'd won and asked for my address then. I don't know which he preffers though.

Hey, sorry that's taking so long man, I'm in southern california and I mailed it using the super-cheapo rate to Canada. They said up to 3 weeks. This was about 2 weeks ago.

Also, yes, just mail the caption and only the caption. I only need your address if you win.

Also, don't mail me pictures you've captioned yourself. It clogs up my email box and takes forever to download, and it's totally unnecessary. Usually I don't even read the ones that send picture attachments.
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Okay, thanks for the answer Very Happy
Optimus Crime

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Hey, sorry that's taking so long man, I'm in southern california and I mailed it using the super-cheapo rate to Canada. They said up to 3 weeks. This was about 2 weeks ago.

Cool. Thanks for the update. Like I said, I'm getting this thing for free, so it could take three years to get here and I'd be happy.
sailorneorune

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Hey everybody, long time lurker, first time poster, first time caption contest entrant.

Mine was (and I already know it sucks, so I don't need reconfirmation):

(the one on the left, no clue as to her name): *sigh* The things we do for our fans...

(the one on the right, clueless on name also): To hell with the fans! Have at you!

If I win, great. If not, oh well. Good luck to all of you. Free anime is good.

-Sailorneorune
Zakuro1208

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:09 pm Reply with quote
sailorneorune wrote:
Hey everybody, long time lurker, first time poster, first time caption contest entrant.

Mine was (and I already know it sucks, so I don't need reconfirmation):

(the one on the left, no clue as to her name): *sigh* The things we do for our fans...

(the one on the right, clueless on name also): To hell with the fans! Have at you!

If I win, great. If not, oh well. Good luck to all of you. Free anime is good.

-Sailorneorune

Shocked I didn't think we were supposed to post what we wrote. *shifty eyes*

I also entered for the first time with this one. ^^a
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3