• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha USA Adds xxxHOLiC Rei, My Little Monster, Say "I Love You", Monster Soul

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:50 am Reply with quote
Wow, I can't believe how positive this thread is. Where are all the posts complaining "I'm glad they licensed X, but I really want Y!"

Well, one person brought up "Alive: The Final Evolution," which, as much as I'm loathe to say it, Kodansha made clear they'd never rescue. No more unfinished series from their Del Rey days.

That said: I'm glad they licensed "My Little Monster", but I really want "Princess Jellyfish"! Come on, who's with me? Let's bug 'em 'till we get it! Laughing
BL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:18 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
.....but I really want "Princess Jellyfish"! Come on, who's with me? Let's bug 'em 'till we get it! Laughing

I am with you I really want to own Princess Jellyfish manga. I guess I am going to have to send them another email. I wonder if Vertical gave Kodansha the results of the votes for Princess Jellyfish when they had their manga poll.
nakano

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:25 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Altacia wrote:
Does Kodansha have any other Omnibus books?

If so, Are they nice like Dark Horse's or just so-so like Viz's?

I'd say so-so when it came to the genshiken omnibuses they were serviceable but nothing to write home about. There weren't any color inserts if I remember correctly it was just three volumes smushed together.

Actually so far Viz's omnibus volumes have been my favorite (Vagabond, NGE and X). After that Dark Horse (especially Card Captor Sakura). Their Magic Knights Rayearth is default size, but have color pages (great!). Then we have flipped omnibus Lone Wolf & Cub without any extras. So quality varies with both publishers.

What comes to Kodansha, they have also published Battle Angel Alita: Last Order omnibus. It's default size and does not have color pages, not even cover pages (I remember it's completely lacking those between volumes...). The case may be that Gunnm doesn't have color art besides the covers. The good thing is that the release does have some bonus stories. They said those were included in Japanese editions so they were able to include them. A nice extra, but I still hoped a little more after selling out Viz editions. So we'll have to wait and see. *Crosses fingers for a larger format and color pages*
Collectonian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote
phia_one wrote:
This is fantastic news! I was wondering if/when someone would license My Little Monster. Now if we can just get the anime...

The anime is on CrunchyRoll Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3