• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! - The Death And Rebirth Of Answerman

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Etrien

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for filling in the details, Zac. It was informative and understandable. I don' frequent Answerman nearly as much as I used to, but I admit I'd be a bit sad if it came an an end now. Your run with it way back in the day is what made me into an ANN regular. I think Justin will make a great Answerman - I've enjoyed his insights into the column even back when you were still running it.

But man, five years? It still feels like just a year or two ago that Brian took over! Best of luck with your future endeavors, Brian, and thanks for these five years of work. Like others, I'm also curious if you'll be staying on with ANN in another role or moving on completely. If you answered this already, I apologize for overlooking it.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:05 am Reply with quote
The Answerman is dead; long live the Answerman!
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:50 am Reply with quote
I think we should do a real reform of the format:

I propose that the Answerman column turns into the "Nonanswerman" column.

You can have a different industry rep on every week to gracefully dance around answering everyone's questions, all while seeming very upbeat about the future!
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:53 am Reply with quote
Sad to see Brian go, good luck to him. I know Justin will do well as Answerman.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:10 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
When I said that cutting the column down to just three questions with no other segments was not a revamp that would make the column better than ever, that was not an opinion. It was fact.

"Better" is subjective, period. Which makes any statement about something being "better" or "worse" an opinion. I can say removing condiments from a burger makes it BETTER (because I don't like them), you think it makes it WORSE (because you do like them). I'm sure many people liked AnswerFans, I'm sure others found that section to be "clutter". I'm not saying Justin as Answerman is better or worse, but "more" does NOT automatically equate to "better".

(or, as the saying goes, sometimes less IS more) Razz
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:40 pm Reply with quote
So Auf Wiedersehen old firend. Sure, I may not have ever asked a single question on here, and I kept forgetting to send in an entry to Answerfans...and I never really bothered learning your name...and all i ever do in the forums is throw together inane replies that don't actually contribute to the conversations, especially if the topic had gone completely off tangent at that point...

I forget where I was going with this. Anyway, good luck out there.

May you find greener pastures, and try not to step in any cowpies.
Hardgear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Personally Justin Sevakis is one of the very, very, very few people I'm actually interested in hearing answer questions about anime.

A short column every week of him actually answering good, interesting questions about the anime industry could be just about the best thing this site has ever regularly published.

My thoughts exactly.

Looks like I'm gonna start reading Answerman again after a few years hiatus, feels oddly exciting!
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Good luck with your future endeavors, Brian. It's been an enjoyable 5 years of reading. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8