• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hear Hatsune Miku V3 Sing in English

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote
Well its not to bad Miku singing in english
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:03 pm Reply with quote
The true question will be: How much will this cost?
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:21 pm Reply with quote
From the official page: http://piapro.net/vocaloid/mikuv3e.html

it only mentions "Miku’s English singing voice database" and other virtual instruments, but nothing about the Japanese Miku voicebank

So it seems like it will be Engrish only and not Japanese capable. Crying or Very sad
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
it only mentions "Miku’s English singing voice database" and other virtual instruments, but nothing about the Japanese Miku voicebank

So it seems like it will be Engrish only and not Japanese capable. Crying or Very sad

CFM announced that Miku's Japanese and English voicebanks will be sold separately; hence, there's no mention of her Japanese voicebank on her English website.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Sounded creepy, honestly. Even in Japanese vocaloids can barely sing.
StormSky92

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quote
That didn't nearly as back as I was expecting. I'll be interested in seeing what people do with it once it's been out for a month or two. I expect someone will figure out a way to make it sound better.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:56 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
configspace wrote:

CFM announced that Miku's Japanese and English voicebanks will be sold separately; hence, there's no mention of her Japanese voicebank on her English website.

Yeah I understand it's seperate, but will they have an english version of essentially this page: http://www.crypton.co.jp/mp/pages/prod/vocaloid/mikuv3.jsp
or will Piapro DAW bundle include an option to add the Japanese Miku v3 to your cart?
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:56 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
...or will Piapro DAW bundle include an option to add the Japanese Miku v3 to your cart?

Well, closer observation revealed that CFM will still sell Miku's Japanese and English voicebanks together in Japan...

Edit: Never mind what I mentioned, I misread the info.

Last edited by Mr. Oshawott on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Kreion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:57 am Reply with quote
kawaiibunny3 wrote:
Kevelinu wrote:
Hmm I don't know, I think it's a good thing that english speaking producers now have a way to express themselves with Vocaloid more, but to me personal, Miku and Vocaloid in general has always been Japanese and I just can't enjoy Vocaloid like this very much.
I just hope that the many great Japanese producers stick to the original version and don't try to make weird english songs Anime hyper
Well, probably I am just very biased, but what do you think?
Will the Japanese producers stick to the Japanese version?

The very first vocaloids (Leon and Lola) were in English and there are currently 10 vocaloids that are marketed to the English market (13 if you count Luka, Kaito and Gumi's English banks) prior to 'Miku English'

The problem is that English vocaloids and producers don't get enough publicity because alot of people don't know they exist (compared to Miku anyway)

While I don't think Miku's English is as good as some of the Engloids or even Gumi English - I do hope she'll sell enough to new English users so that we can have more new well-made English vocaloid songs.

Personally, it's because I don't want to hear english pop-song. If I wanted to listen to them, well I would just listen to them, but I don't want to listen to them. That's why the English Vocaloids don't hold much interest for me, but I'm sure there are people who like their sound xD
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Interesting. My complete disinterest in virtual idol singers is apparently multilingual.

well this is a surprise. never though this is really going to happen let along Miss Fujita can also speak english since some Japanese VA / singers that can also do english voice work are a real rarity .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pinder_2009

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Didn't sound half bad. I look forward to seeing what producers make with it.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
When one thinks of all the music that has been exposed to the the world by musicians just living in Japan, who probably would have never been heard except by their local venues, or not all all, and now have thousands of albums and singles on iTunes and Amazon, simply by adding the vocaloid programme to their compositions, I can't help but feel there is an English gold mine of musicians and composers just waiting to be exposed as well with the help of Miku. Heaven knows the English music scene could certainly use some fresh talent, and I do mean Talent, not the manufactured "Cowell-ist" kind that makes me want to puke everytime a new abomination is given the title "winner of x-factor", or ("insert country here")'s got talent. [No, no you don't. You're just being used by reality TV execs for their ratings and profits, by telling you you're Icarus, so now you can fly high.]

All the musicians, and composers I grew up with and who's albums I spent my hard earned money for, are either retired, dying, or dead. Miku and vocaloid brought music back into my life again like becoming deaf and then hearing again. If it can happen to an old git like me, it can happen to someone else just as well. I think CFM did a cracking great job with the English Miku and I can't wait to hear her sing for those undiscovered musicians who have taken this opportunity to "get it out there". Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2