• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Daisuki Streams Gundam UC for a Fee

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:09 pm Reply with quote
We already knew this is what they were planning to do; their help section's mentioned it from the beginning. While it may not be everybody's cup of tea, the price is about standard.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote
MagicallyDelicious wrote:
Also, I personally find this to be too expensive and a disappointing business model.

A mere five dollars to watch an double-length OVA episode with amazing sound and visuals? If you bought the episode on Blu-Ray you'd pay forty-eight dollars, over nine times as much. Are you really planning on watching the episode at least ten times over the course of your lifetime (or your disc's lifetime, whichever comes first)? Because if not, then the stream is more cost effective.

This business model is neither expensive nor disappointing. You just don't know what you're talking about.
partially

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quote
MagicallyDelicious wrote:
Also, I personally find this to be too expensive and a disappointing business model.

It is hardly a business model yet. Given this is one single case, and for a show that is not representative of what they otherwise have streaming. I would wait till seeing what they charge for other titles first, or if they charge for anything else.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
How much was it on the Playstation network when it was first released?
I think about the same price, right?

It was up at the time I was cataloguing and I have the UK prices as £3.49 SD / £4.49 HD for 1 & 2 and £2.49 SD / £3.49 HD for 3.
That's not as expensive in dollars as it should be because, why should they bother about accurate exchange rates when they can just charge us more? £3.49 looks to be equivalent to $3.99 on the US store at the moment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
PrimalX3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:00 am Reply with quote
I'm so up for this! I've been waiting since episode 1 was released to watch the rest of the series. My patience has paid off. Razz I think I've been waiting like 3 or 4 years. I knew it was animated off of light novels and wondered what it would be like when the entire series is out.

And now, that time has come, unbelievable. Laughing
Ingraman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:10 pm Reply with quote
PrimalX3 wrote:
I'm so up for this! I've been waiting since episode 1 was released to watch the rest of the series. My patience has paid off. :P I think I've been waiting like 3 or 4 years. I knew it was animated off of light novels and wondered what it would be like when the entire series is out.

And now, that time has come, unbelievable. :lol:

The time has come? Not quite. There's one more episode due next year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2