• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Doki Doki School Hours DVD 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:12 am Reply with quote
I was thinking about getting this, this review convinced me. Even though he doesn't rate it that great the way he explained what kind of anime it was as opposed to just the good and bad points about it, I was able to tell that this is the type of anime I usually like. Good Review!
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:55 am Reply with quote
For a very cute comedy series the almost requires to be funny, why the heck Geneon hire Blue Water Studios for this? I heard them trying to be funny in Jubei-chan 2, but that fell stiff (except on a few minor characters). Confused
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:59 am Reply with quote

yeah I'm kinda puzzled too o_o

I might think about getting this, lemme just get everything else out of the way
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:42 pm Reply with quote
This series becomes quite tiresome by episode 6. They just don't have enough material and start relaying too heavily on one or two running gags.
Sunny1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
This series becomes quite tiresome by episode 6. They just don't have enough material and start relaying too heavily on one or two running gags.

really? Do you own it? It looks cute to me^^ although i am into the whole magical girl, school stuff..although when they say it has no plot it reminds me of like an anime napaleon dynimite or something. I may just buy the first DVD and see what i think..or maybe blockbuster will get it in
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Most likely he doesn't own the official release and just owns the fansubs. Although he isn't going to stop me from getting it. Oh, and did you hear Blockbuster is near bankruptcy, so I doubt they're going to get a title like this.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:10 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
For a very cute comedy series the almost requires to be funny, why the heck Geneon hire Blue Water Studios for this?

Speaking of which, in the encyclopedia, it says that Ocean Group handled ADR production for Geneon. I didn't see it in the ending credits; is it true? I thought Ocean Group hadn't handled anything for them since the company was called Pioneer.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:27 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
For a very cute comedy series the almost requires to be funny, why the heck Geneon hire Blue Water Studios for this? I heard them trying to be funny in Jubei-chan 2, but that fell stiff (except on a few minor characters). Confused

I like Blue Water better than New Gen. I really wish Melody of Oblivion was being done by Blue Water.

I beleave that Blue Water will do fine with it, just give them some time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1